Criminal

"We don't have time! Let's go!" Austin yelled. Dan closed the bag and ran out with Maxx and Austin. My girlfriend, Ashley, and I held our guns to the cashier as we backed out of the shop.  We ran into the back of the van.

"That everyone?" Zach asks from the driver's seat. I crouch down and nod. I held Ashley's hand and looked for the police.

"No tail yet," I announce as Ash leans against me.

"Good, keep an eye out for me?" Zach asks before taking a turn. I nod in agreement and continue to look around through the back window.

"Can I stay with Zach?" Ashley asks me in a tired voice.

"Sure munchkin," I murmur. She smiles and closes her eyes. I wrap my arm around her and rock her slightly. I take a peek outside and see cops placing pictures of us around town. I chuckle quietly. "They'll never catch us."

Later that day we're out at the jewellery store. "Coming Ash?" She shakes her head.

"I'm not in the mood," I shrug and grab a bag and gun.

"Suit yourself. Ready guys?" The three men nod, and we jump out and run out to the shop. Austin, like always, stood outside the shop, looking for police. I hold the gun up high aiming it at the only employee in the store. Dan and Maxx take jewellery around the shop. Out the corner of my eye, I see Ashley running into the store and aiming her gun at the cashier.

"Put the money in the bag!" She threatens.

"Or we will shoot," I add. Maxx and Dan finish grabbing the jewellery that appealed to them and comes to help us with the cash.

"Times up!" Austin yells from outside. Maxx and Dan take the stuff to the van, as Ash and I keep our eyes on the employee as we walk out. I turn to run but get shot in the shoulder. I trip over my own feet as Ashley tries to carry me out. I scramble up as she helps me to the van.

"Go! He has a gun!" I grunt out to Zach. He nods and speeds off. Ash lays me down on the floor of the van.

"Do we have a first aid kit?" She peeps out, sounding scared and worried for me. Austin grabs the white box and hands it to Ash. She rips it open and starts digging through it. She pulls up my tee shirt's sleeve and dabs a cold, wet wipe on my wound. I shoot up and hiss at the sting. "Relax," She coos and continues to wipe my shoulder.

"It hurts!" I bark. She doesn't reply and continues to take care of my injury. I sigh and lay back down and just let her do her job. She finally pulls my sleeve back down and wraps it in a canvas-like cloth.

"There crybaby, all cleaned up," She expresses. I chuckle at the nickname and cuddle with her.

"Should we head somewhere else?" Maxx asks. I shrug.

"Do you guys want to hit somewhere else?" They all echo out a yes. I smirk and get up then hang over his shoulder. "You know where to go," I murmur to him, and I see his cheek lift up in a smirk and speeds off to a store.

After we finish up at the store, we went to get lunch then went out to the junkyard where we lived. As we arrived, it was late evening. Everyone was tired and tuckered out. Ashley laid her head in my lap, looking up at me.

"You should get some rest, love," She mentions and draws her finger up and down my arm.

"You should too," I say and look around. "I'm an insomniac, remember?"

"Of course I do because you are never asleep," She proclaims and pokes my stomach. I chuckle and hold her hand. "And don't you dare think of going on your laptop," I growl lowly. "That was your exact idea," She sits up and playfully pushes me. I laugh a bit and shove her back.

"I'm always on it at night, our agent needs to know how we are,"

"You can do that in the morning," She argues and lays back down. "Now, bedtime," I smile and lay down. She lays on top of me and nuzzles into my chest. "I'll see you in the morning," She slowly falls asleep. As the sun starts to rise, I finally end up in a weak slumber.

I wake up to the sound of the engine growling. I groan and sit up. "Hey," Ash greets me and smiles. I give a tired smile back and lean against the wall.

"Terrible sleep again dude?" Zach asks me from the driver's seat.

"Yeah..." I whine.

"Because you were up till four in the morning,"

"Sunrise," I correct.

"That's even worse!"

"Wouldn't change the quality of sleep, quality over quantity," She rolls her eyes. I look away from her and watch out the back window.

"Who wants to hit the bank?" Zach cries.

"Me!" Calls everyone in the van beside Zach. I smirk, and we jump out into the streets. I look at everyone as they throw their sunglasses on and we run into the bank. Gasps spread throughout the building as an employee walks into the vault. I grab a bag and get him to shove all the money into the bag. With quicker movements then last time we find ourselves outside and jumping into the van. As soon as the door shut the alarms ring through the area.

"Shoot!" I cry, and Zach speeds out of town.

"We got a tail!" Maxx peeps out, terror found in his voice. Ash holds onto me, clearly scared as well. I roll my eyes a bit.

"Zach, pull over,"

"Cody?" Ash cheeps.

"Pull. Over," I command. Zach pulls over to a rocky road and goes into park. I motion everyone into the back and take my shades off. They all look at me. "I followed you guys into the ends of the earth, and right now, I'm asking you to follow me," I get out of the van, and everyone slowly follows. We hide around the sides of the vehicle and wait for the police. Ashley murmurs her dreams to me as I cuddle her. Like I was expecting the boys decided to put up a fight and all end up dead. I look at Ash, she looks up at me. "Let's go," I hold her hand and walk her to the scene. Everyone was spread out across the rock road, bleeding heavily and more or less dead. I smile and put my hands up. Ash hesitantly copies. The cops look at each other with uncertain glares. My smile changes to a smirk and I rip out a handgun and try to shoot the officers. Of course, I missed and, Ashley and I end up on the ground. I turn my head to her as our arms overlap. "See you soon, my love."