Chapter 16

Until he was sent home by Yushang, Changning still could not understand what he meant by that.

As he entered the living room, he saw the lawyer, Elder Yin, Yin Zhinian and Congming all sitting on the sofa. He tucked away his confusing thoughts and greeted everyone.

The lawyer took out the documents that he had prepared and read the contents with everyone there. In summary, the Yin Establishment was to give Changning ten percent of the funds received from Shang Establishment Group. In addition, that would also sever the family ties between Yin Zhinian and He Changning, Neither party would be held liable for one another's personal lives and all these changes would go into effect from the day He Changning left the Yin family.

Elder Yin's face darkened along with Congmin's twisted angry expression.

Yin Zhinian did not look good either. Even though he knew that nothing would change Changning's decision at that point, he still tried to ask, "Changning, do you really have to do this?"

Changning was calm. Or perhaps it was that he no longer had any hopes for this father of his, he answered, "I don't think there's any point in discussing this matter any further."

Yin Zhinian's frustration was ignited by Changning's careless attitude. He got up in anger and pointed his finger at Changning as he shouted, "We've really wasted our efforts on you. He Changning, was your conscience all eaten by dogs1?! Do you not care about the ties of our father and son relationship? Touch your heart and ask yourself, other than your marriage, where have I let you down? If it wasn't the last resort, do you think I'd be shameless enough to give my son to another? Do you really have to harp on this matter? Once you leave this door, you're nothing! Do you really think that the Shang family would take care of you and let you do things at will? Have you not considered that once that family kicks you out, you will have no one left to rely on?!"

Yin Zhinian's voice echoed off the walls in the living room.

Facing his hysterical father, Changning continued to remain calm.

Like a punch on a cotton sponge, Yin Zhinian suddenly fell back onto the sofa. "Do you hate me?" Although it was a question, it was in a tone of confirmation, not questioning.

He Changning did not retort back, nor did he answer. He simply pushed the documents along with the pen to the front of Yin Zhinian and spoke with a calm, clear tone, "Sign here."

The lawyer displayed a high level of professionalism as he collected the signed documents, made his farewells, and stepped back.

After they sent off the lawyer, without anything else to say, Changning turned around and headed upstairs.

Depressed, Yin Zhinian left the house.

The mother-in-law and daughter-in-law in the living room had dark expressions on their face as they sat opposite one another.

"Mum, we can't let that little bastard get his way," Congmin said as she clenched her teeth.

The muscles on Elder Yin's harsh and merciless face twitched as she agreed, "Hn, he wants to take away Yin family's properties? That's up to me to decide."

"Yes, mum. You have to think of a way to stop that little bastard and not let him take away a single cent from our family."

With a scheming face, Elder Yin replied, "Don't worry, we won't let him get his wish."

Hearing that the elder lady had a plan, Congmin's eye shone, "Mum, you have a plan, right?"

The two ladies set aside their differences as they put their heads together to plot against He Changning.