Chapter 19

Yin Hao once again returned to his room and smashed an exquisite set of tea cups. Even so, it did not appease his anger. He gazed at the scenery outside the window with his gloomy eyes as he sorted his thoughts out in his mind. No matter how he looked at it, he was not willing to swallow that setback. If there was no He Changning in the first place, things would not have gotten into the situation today. It was all He Changning's fault. If he had obediently agreed to be married into the Shang family, the Yin family would have been the biggest winner. If that was the case, Yin Hao wouldn't mind acknowledging that he had such a half-brother that had to marry someone as a male wife. But He Changning was too proud for that; not only did he ask the Yin family for compensation, he had even gotten in cahoots with the Shang family to defraud Yin Est. of its money.

If Shang Yushang knew that Yin Est. had illegally altered the evaluation report, even if he had not pursued further because of that little bastard He Changning, there was no guarantee that Shang Yushang would not take revenge on Yin Est. in the future. Shang Est.'s status in the business circle and Shang Yushang's way of doing things was something that neither Yin Est. nor the Yin family could handle. When that time came, the Yin family would only be at the losing end and benefit that opinionated bastard.

No, he would not allow that brat to gain any benefits from this. He must find a way to bring He Changning under his control. Or he could simply get a hold of some information that could be used against He Changning and force time to listen to his orders as a last chip for the Yin family to bargain with.

After Yin Hao had set his mind on taking action, he made a phone call to someone and left the house.

Changning was still in his room as he feverishly indulged himself in his work. He was still unaware that a malicious conspiracy was approaching him silently, as the person planned to ruin him.

For those few days, Shang Yushang was caught up with work. He wanted to settle his company matters as soon as possible so that he could have more time and energy to put towards the wedding. Of course, more than ever, he wished that he could be at Changning's side so that they could get to know each other more and improve their relationship so it would stabilize the foundation of their lives from now on.

Aside from working every day, Shang Yushang would set aside some time to make phone calls to Changning. It was mostly minor questions like asking what the other person was doing, how was work, did he have a good meal or if he had adequate rest, etc. Of course, he always remembered to remind Changning to be wary of the Yin family members, and that should anything happen, Changning should contact him immediately so that he could get someone to watch over him.

Every time he received a call from Shang Yushang, it was no doubt Changning's happiest moment. He would smile as he reported his daily activities to Yushang, like how he was feeling good and eating well and that everything was fine. Changning would also remind him to get enough rest and not overwork himself at work etc. The two people were like a husband and wife that had been together for years, worrying and concerned for one another.

Whenever Changning answered Yushang's call, Aunt Qin would always think how great it was that this child was finally smiling so happily. She was glad that Changning had someone to pamper him, love him and protect him. Finally, Minglan, who was in heaven, could rest in peace.

The person who came to inform him that the wedding date had been set was the Shang family's senior butler. He was considered one of the eldest and most respected in-charge staff in the Shang family and old Madam Shang had nothing but high praises for him. Even Shang Yushang treated him respectfully. The butler's surname was Liao, which was why everyone in the family called him Uncle Liao.

Uncle Liao arrived at the Yin residence and directly requested to meet Changning. He politely introduced himself, "Young master Ning, I am the butler from the old Shang mansion. If you don't mind, just calling me Uncle Liao would do."