Chapter 22

After Shang Yushang returned to his office to settle some matters, he busied himself until around seven in the evening. He then made a call to old Madam Shang to inform her that he would not be returning to the main residence, and then drove back to the apartment in Scenic View.

Xiao Wu had guessed that his young master would eventually return to the apartment, so he wasn't too surprised when Shang Yushang came through the door. Aunt Qin however, was slightly shocked, but eventually understood the situation, so she greeted him and went to prepare for dinner.

Yushang pushed open the bedroom door and saw Changning sitting near the window as he watched the night skies in a daze.

Yushang slowed down his pace as he slowly walked to his little lover's side, reached his hands out and pulled him into a gentle hug. Yushang then kissed Changning's head affectionately, "What are you thinking?"

Changning shifted a little and found a comfortable position as he leaned into the man's embrace, "Nothing, just daydreaming for a while."

Yushang realized that Changning did not want him to find out about his awkwardness as he hid his uneasiness. Knowing that his lover did not want him to be worried, Yushang felt an unbearable heartache. The taller man slid his arm underneath Changning's knees and carried him as he walked towards the sofa and sat down with him on his legs. Yushang wrapped his arms around Changning, allowing the younger man to lean his head comfortably on his shoulder, "Changing, I know that the incident has scared you. It's my fault, but my dear, please have faith in me that from this moment onwards, I'll never let any harm come near you. I'll protect you and give you the life that you'd hope for. My dear, will you believe in me?"

"Hm. It's my fault for neglecting to take precautions – you've reminded me before, yet I've always thought that the Yin family couldn't be that horrible, which was what led to today's lesson," Changning explained as he nuzzled his face deeper into the crook of Yushang's neck.

Yushang tightened his hold as if he hoped to pull his lover into his own body. "Changning, it's all over now. Don't think of it anymore. I'll do everything to protect you. I assure you that no one could ever hurt you again. Believe in me, alright?"

"Hm. I know, don't worry, I'm fine." What if...Changning dared not to think further as he really feared to know what would have happened.

Yushang cupped the face that was buried in his neck as he planted a gentle, comforting kiss. Slowly, he traced his kisses from Changning's forehead, to his eyebrows, the tip of his nose and finally onto those tempting lips. His kisses were soft suctions, little nipping turned into gentle licks, as if he was tasting the most delicious thing on earth.

Touched by Yushang's gentleness, Changning slightly parted open his lips for the first time and shyly returned the man's kisses.

Receiving a response from his lover instantly sparked Yushang's passion as the kisses were no longer soft and gentle. He slid his tongue into his lover's mouth and he hooked their tongues together, sucking Changning's tongue passionately like he was going to swallow him whole.

The sudden passion and heavy kisses made Changning unconsciously hum in response as any saliva that was not swallowed in time dripped out of his mouth passionately and obscenely.

The softs hums from his lover became the best aphrodisiac, fueling Yushang's kisses. He pulled his lover closer to himself as his hand cupped the back of Changning's head. With sincerity, comfort, passion and obvious possessiveness, he kissed his lover in his arms intensely. He desired to swallow his lover completely, hoping that they would never be apart again.

Time unknowingly passed until Changning almost ran out of breath before Yushang was willing to let go of him. The heavy panting mixed with the couples breath as it lingered in the atmosphere ambiguously.