Chapter 25

The Yin family gathered themselves at the side, and worry was written all over their faces. The number of guests were not that many, but most of them were of high social status that were not easily approachable for the Yin family's status.

The wedding ceremony was considerably different from the weddings that most people had attended before. Because nobody had treated this wedding as a social event to mingle around. Those that had come only came with their blessings, and were chatting away harmoniously as the hosts entertained the crowd.

The Yin family members were the only ones who felt uneasy. Nobody had initiated a conversation with them. It was as if their presence was optional; that regardless of whether they were there, it would not have affected the hosts' nor the guests' feelings.

Although Elder Yin was feeling very displeased internally, she maintained her twisted smile on the surface. She could not blame old Madam Shang for neglecting them in such a situation, knowing that the Shang family had already given enough leeway to them, so they have no choice but to accept the situation. But, to be completely ignored even though they were in-laws, it was hard to tolerate no matter what. What made it worse was that when the ceremony was ongoing, the greetings were only done with old Madam Shang and her son – there were no seats for the Yin family members. That made Elder Yin's heart feel very imbalanced. On what basis could old Madam Shang receive the bows from her grandson, while she herself had no rights to accept them? They were both seniors of the individual families, yet the treatment was so different. That was something that Elder Yin, who did not like losing face, could not swallow no matter what.

"Yin Hao, go get Changning to come over."

Yin Hao paused for a moment, "Grandma, why are you asking for him?"

"Can't you see? We're completely ignored by them. He Changning did not even say a word to us. I shall see how heartless that He Changning can be in front of so many people."

Yin Zhinian sighed reluctantly, "Mum, forget it. Let's not create any more problems. We're not related to him anymore."

Yin Hao frowned as he agreed, "Grandma, Dad's right. We shouldn't offend Young Master Shang because of him."

Elder Yin's expression darkened as she continued, "If we can't make He Changning lower his head to us, then we won't have any good days ahead. We must make him promise in front of the old Madam that the Yin family would be safe and sound. Otherwise Young Master Shang would not let us off either way. The fact that something almost happened to He Changning, that man would not forgive us."

With that reminder, Yin Hao felt a chill down his spine. That's true; ever since that incident until now, Shang Est. did not make any moves against us. Young Master Shang was a person who would never let go of anyone who had offended him without taking revenge—you could easily see that from how he managed Shang Est. The only possible reason why he had not made any move was probably because he was too occupied with the wedding. But once he lays his hand on us, then Yin Est. will fall for sure. It would be best to hope that he would let us off.

"Fine, I'll try."

Yin Hao held the champagne glass as he walked over to Changning's direction, "Chairman Shang, Changning, I wish both of you a blissful marriage."

Just like the saying to not slap the smiling person, Changning toasted back with his raised glass, "Thank you." And he took a sip.

Yushang held the serving plate as he ignored Yin Hao's existence. Using the fork to poke into the snacks, he held the food up to Changning's mouth, "You've drank too much. Have some food to ease your stomach."

The group of young men associated themselves with one another very quickly as they started to speak less informally.

Bai Mo commented amusedly, "Aww, that's so sweet."