#5|i have a bad clothing choice

"Okay, Dhvani help me out with this." Appu turned towards me.

"Do you think this blouse would suit these pants?" she held mustard flared shirt and printed pants.

I was a complete zero is fashioning outfits. It was Appu who always did the work for me. Whenever I chose an outfit on my own, I looked like a clown. Well, not really every time, just a few times. 

"I don't know," I flashed her a clueless look.

"Huh," she dropped her hands by her side.

"It's my first day at my office tomorrow and I've not even got any outfits," she frowned.

"Why can't you wear the ones you already have?"

"Do you have any problem if I get new ones?" she snapped at me instantly.

"Don't get furious at me. You got me here even after knowing that I'm useless."

We argued in the store. Like every time. It was habitual for us.

"I'll ask maasi (aunt),"

"You're joking," I giggled.

My mother was, even more, worse at choosing clothes, fashioning was out of her hands. She would always end up getting herself two to three kurtas of the same pattern but different colours. It was because of me and Appu that her wardrobe had at least a few good clothes.

I followed Appu towards my mother. She was checking the price on the tag of one of the dresses.

"Maasi, do you think this blouse will suit these pants?"

And as expected my mother gave Appu a confused look. She pretended to think about how the clothes would look on Appu. 

"I don't understand any of this, but if you still want my suggestion then I will suggest you this."

I laughed instantly while they both gave me serious looks. It was a summer maxi dress. I told you, my mother is really bad at choosing clothes.

"That's a maxi, maasi. I am not going to any party," Appu shrugged her shoulders.

"You wear this in parties? When I was in school my mother used to get me and your mother such dresses." 

"But I'm no more a school girl, maasi. I want clothes for college,"

"Forget it, I'll get something else. I don't find this good enough," she twitched her nose.

"Alright," I giggled.

I looked around trying to search if I could find some good top to buy. At the sweaters section, I found the tag of sixty per cent off and I immediately edged towards the aisle.

If I get three of the sweaters I would get a sixty person off on the total price. They all were off the shoulder and had different and had many colour options, both cold and warm colours. I mostly prefer warm colour clothes in cold colours - except for black. Black is a universal favourite.

I picked a dark red one and checked the price. It was for rupees five hundred forty, quite cheap. I mentally started to calculate if it would be a profit to get three of them when my mother smacked my arm all of a sudden making me forget all the calculations I had done.

"Aapan ithe Appu sathi kapde ghyayla aalo aahot, tujhya sathi navhe. Thev te parat,"
"We are here to buy clothes for Appu, not for you. Keep that back,"

I was sure that the sweater would match the jeans I had. I made a puppy face at my mother, adorable emotional blackmail.

"I said no, Dhvani."