#10|i walk like a penguin

"Please be gentle, you idiot! That hurts," I squealed

"I am not even applying any pressure, Dhvani. Just relax," Appu spoke.

I groaned. I was trying on Appu's heels to wear at Ryan's party tonight. I had just gained confidence that I would walk properly in heels when I fell down breaking my ankle bone badly.

"You get up and try to walk, it won't hurt."

"You sure?" I asked unsurely.

Appu held her hand towards me. I held it and got up. With Appu's help, I tried to walk. I was limping. The bone hurt when I tried to walk normally.

"I'm not going to the party,"

"Oh come on, Dhvani. You are walking fine,"

"I am walking like a penguin! I cannot walk in this way in front of Ryan,"

"You are impossible,"

"I know that I am not going to the party."

I texted Atharv immediately.

~ i cannot make it

"You can avoid Ryan,"

"I am going there for Ryan,"

"You can admire him from afar. That is what you do every day,"

"Sometimes! But what if he comes to speak with me on his own?"

"As if he is going to," I know.

Atharv replied to my text.

~ Why the hell though?

~ i broke my ankle
i cannot walk properly

He went offline right after reading my text. I assumed he would have got upset over my decision. Atharv would get angry at me immediately when I disagreed with his plans.

I threw my phone on my bed and plopped on my bed. I cursed myself for trying the heels. What was the need to wear heels when I had an amazing pair of boots? Appu did warn me not to wear heels as I'm bad with them. But I didn't listen to her. I was confident over my luck - the same luck that had ditched me a lot in the past.

Appu went back into her room giving up on me. I mentally planned how to spend the night, not feeling guilty for not having to attend Ryan's party. I had planned to call my father in my room to play the video game with me. I was not going to take any efforts to go downstairs neither did I trust my luck. What if I fell down from the stairs?

"What is wrong with your ankle?" I heard Atharv asking me as he entered my room.

"You should knock the door before entering in. It's basic manners,"