#17|ryan gets his phone back

I ripped off the pasta packet and kept them for boiling

I ripped off the pasta packet and kept them for boiling. There was no way I was going to lipsync the song since I knew no lyrics of it. I hummed the song while making pasta for myself.

"I just don't understand what do you understand in this song?" my mother asked as she grabbed a water bottle from the fridge.

Having nothing to answer I kept quiet. After she left I opened the fridge again and grabbed a frooti from the fridge. Just before I could drink the juice, it struck me that it was the same bottle Ryan had drank from. I didn't find it a big deal, though initially, I did. I opened the cap and drank from the same bottle, feeling somewhat guilty for having betrayed Ryan.

"I did it for my good," I muttered, tossing the bottle into the bin.

"Dhvani, I need to speak with you something." Appu entered in.

She looked worried. I turned off the gas as the pasta was cooked completely.

"What happened? Is everything okay?"

"I got this video from an unknown number," she held her phone at me.

I wiped my hands on my sides and took her phone in both of my hands. I played the video. It was the same that Ryan had on his phone through which he blackmailed me.

"Wait, does that mean that the sender has sent the video to everyone?"

I looked at her, both equally shocked. Or maybe I was more.

"Everyone would come to know about Armaan's secret. Who is this sender?"

Appu grabbed the phone off my trembling hands. She checked with the number and details while I was in shock that Ryan actually did what he had blackmailed me for. I knew it was Ryan who had circulated the video since he was the only one who had the video. Or maybe that is what he made me believed.

I had to check who all had got the video. Though I was scared, I had to muster some courage to phone call my classmates and ask them about the video.

"I'll call my friends and ask them if they received the video from some unknown number," I told.

"Wait, but you don't have any friends." Ouch, that hurts.

"I mean, it's only Atharv." she added.

I realized that I had none of my classmate's number saved in my phone. I had never required anyone's number before and so I didn't mind if I had no one's. I kept my contact list limited to a few people. I hardly had seven to eight contacts in my list, out of which Ryan's was the one and his phone was with me. I wondered how did he even sent the video to my sister when his phone was with me.

Having no clue, I ran into my room to switch on Ryan's phone. I had to ask him if he sent the video to the whole college. I didn't get why he sent my sister the video. She was not in the college anymore and he had blackmailed me saying that he would circulate the video in the whole college.