#9|asking Ryan for adopting Reason

"And what did aunty say?" Atharv asked.

I had got Reason with me to the college. I was in the parking lot with Atharv, narrating him how I tried to tell my mother. But as expected my mother didn't agree.

"She didn't agree,"

"Didn't uncle say anything? He usually takes your side, right?"

"He did, but aai was full on denial mode. Baba said he will talk with aai, but asked me not to hope it will work."

Reason was playing with the paper ball far away in the parking lot. He looked so happy completely oblivious of what his sister was going through to let him stay at her house.

"It would be cruel to leave him alone on the streets. Why don't you put him for shelter? At least he will get a good family and your mother will be happy as well,"

I gave a thought to it. Atharv was right. I wanted Reason to have a good family, who would accept him completely. Unlike my family, where my mother already was afraid and hating on Reason.

"But where can we find Reason a good shelter?"

"We need to search,"

Atharv pulled out his phone and typed something. I shifted more towards him and leant my head on his shoulder. We both searched for a good dog shelter nearby. There were just three shelters in our locality. We went through every shelter's reviews. The ones we checked had both, bad and good reviews. It made us even more confused.

"When would animals be treated well? Even they have a life,"

"I can understand," Atharv spoke.

"Why don't you keep Reason at your house? Your father is anyways cool with pets, right?" I looked at him.

"Oh hell no, dude. I cannot keep the dog at my house,"

I smacked h

"What if we ask Armaan?"

"He lives in a hostel, Dhvani!"

"My brain has magically stopped working," I complained.

I glanced at Reason. My mouth flung open on finding Ryan holding Reason in his hand, far away. I and Atharv were so into reading the reviews that didn't even I notice Ryan before.

"Even Reason knows about your crush on Ryan," Atharv chuckled.

"Shut up," I slapped his arm.

Ryan casually smiled at us as he proceeded towards us.

"Don't forget to breathe,"

"Keep your mouth shut," I mumbled.

I stood straight and tried my best not to act weird. Since Atharv was with me, I was not much nervous. I was sure he would cover me up if I speak something wrong.

"Hey," Ryan smiled at us.

"Hi, Ryan." We both said in unison.

Atharv cocked his head at me immediately and shouted in excitement, "Jinx!"

I rolled my eyes at him as to how did he come up with the game when we were in front of Ryan. Ryan stared at us confusingly.

"He is a bit weird," I said in defence.

The very next moment I was hit with a punch on the right side of my stomach. I narrowed my eyes at Atharv. I was so wrong about my best friend, instead of preventing me to speak trash he himself was behaving nonsensically.

"So, what did you name him?" Ryan asked.

"Whom?" I asked having lost the track of what we were going to speak.