#7|when your date loves your sister

For my sake, I and Sahil got seated at the corner, the same one, in the cafe

For my sake, I and Sahil got seated at the corner, the same one, in the cafe. I wore black denim and yellow blouse that had embroidery on its neck. I looked around, trying to act normal in front of Sahil.

I wondered if I should break the ice. But what was I going to start the conversation with? Asking him how the weather is? Or asking him how the day at college was?

"Dhvani, you look beautiful today," he said grabbing my attention.

"Huh?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him as I was not paying attention to what he said.

"I said, you look beautiful today,"

"You look beautiful as well," I grinned at him.

I instantly regretted. How can I mess up the conversation so bad? What would have Sahil thought of me? I was doing really bad.

"You mean handsome?" he giggled.

"Yeah, yeah handsome." I corrected.

"Have you ever been on a date before?"

"Umm, no." I shook my head.

"Weren't you dating Armaan?"

"Yes, I was. Oh, yes I had gone on dates with him." I bit my tongue.

Why was I getting so nervous? Like Atharv had said, Sahil was not going to eat me up. I really needed to stop acting like a weirdo.

I kept quiet for another five minutes. I started to wonder why he was not ordering anything. We were sitting in a cafe, right? Why wasn't he ordering anything? Or asking me to order something for us?

The waiter came to us and I looked at him helplessly. I had a mental debate on whether I was supposed to order or ask Sahil to do the honours.

"What would you have?" Sahil asked, finally.

I didn't really need to go through the menu card, as I knew what was there in the menu. Besides my favourite pizza, I liked the burritos from the cafe. Since the latte option was not going to work, I went for a burrito.

"Burrito supreme,"

"I don't like the burrito,"

"I've ordered that for me. You can order for you," I stated.

I rolled my eyes on the thought of sharing my food, it's only Atharv with whom I do the sharing thing, forcefully.

After noting down our orders the waiter went away leaving with the two of us again. Food was the hidden reason why Appu must be going on dates, I suppose.

"You have an older sister, right?"

"Yeah, my cousin."

"I'd met her last year in the Yuva Fest,"

"Oh yeah, she had come along with me." I gave him a confused look as to why was he so curious about Appu.

"Okay," he took a deep breathe, "Let me be clear. I love your sister since the past one year. Would you please talk to her about me?"