#8|reason

I panicked as I stood outside of my house with Reason, the puppy, in my hands

I panicked as I stood outside of my house with Reason, the puppy, in my hands. I named him Reason - as basically, he is the reason why I got to ride with Ryan.

My parents were not going to allow me to keep a dog in our house. My father could easily get convinced, but my mother would never. She was once bitten by a street dog after which she maintained a safe distance from dogs. It was long ago when I was five years old.

I pulled out my phone from my pocket and made a call to Appu to help me out.

"I need your help,"

"You are on call in front of Sahil," she whispered.

"Why are you whispering? And I am not with that douche. I am outside our house with a puppy in my hands."

"What the hell is a puppy doing with you?" she screamed.

"I'll narrate you the whole thing later. For now, just help me out in getting the puppy inside safely."

"You know your aai hates dogs,"

"I do know. But Reason is so cute and I already love him, okay? And even he loves me,"

"How do you know?"

"He is licking my hand,"

"Eww, that's gross,"

"That's affection, Appu! Now would you please help me?"

"Alright, I'll open the windows of your bedroom, climb up with the puppy."

"Cool," I grinned and hung up.

"Let's go home, Reason." I stroke his head gently.

Without letting my parents know, I kept Reason in my room with Appu's help. I climbed down again and entered in through the main door.

"How did you find him? And most importantly, how do you know it's a boy?" Appu asked.

"I kinda checked it's down part," I said hesitantly.

"Uh oh, and why Reason?"

I mentally grinned at myself. No one would ever know the hidden reason behind naming my dog Reason.

"It's unique. And guess who dropped me home?"

"Sahil," she said in a bit obvious tone.

"Ryan," I grinned widely.

"But you were with Sahil," she argued.

"Don't take his name, he is an idiot. He loves you, and wanted me to convince you to date him." I ranted.

"What the hell? How does he know me? I passed out from the college three years ago,"

"Trust me I had worse reaction than yours,"

"He doesn't deserve you, you will get the right person. By the way, what's up with this Ryan thing?"

"After I threw the water on Sahil's face, I walked out and found Reason roaming on roads. It was not safe for him so I picked him up and whoosh, out of nowhere Ryan comes in front of me in his car. He asked me if he can drop me and I agreed," I narrated with actions.