Chapter 13. You see your unborn children in her eyes...

Kriti's POV

"Hey sweetpea!" He distracted me from my reverie by planting a soft kiss on my left cheek and he walked to my right while his arm holding my waist. "Wondering about me?" He whispered in my ear. Rehaan never fails to raise the goosebumps on my skin, while making me go speechless.
So I just smiled.

For a moment, we both remained silent. Then again, he took the initiative, "Come on dear, what's wrong?" He asked breaking the silence.

When I didn't answer anything, he followed my gaze. He stared at the scene for a minute before interrogating, "Shanaya?" And again, I just smiled and continued gazing at the same. Karan was helping Shanaya fixing the chandelier and I couldn't help myself but kept staring at the cute expressions they made while chit-chatting with each other while doing their chores.

"Would you please tell me what's going on?" my dear impatient Rehaan.

"See how cute they look together!" I exclaimed merrily. I was really feeling happy for Shanaya, because my intuition said that Karan was the perfect guy for my Shanu. And my intuitions are never wrong, okay at least I believe that!

"They? Who they?" Once again he followed my gaze. "Karan and Shanaya?" I nodded.

"What are you trying to say Kriti? Be specific." Rehaan looked confused and something told me he wasn't going to like what I was going to tell him next. But I had to say, "I... I think..."

"You think?"

"I think Karan likes Shanaya." I said it.

"What?"

"No, actually Karan loves Shanaya. Yes he loves her." I said with an excitement in my voice.

"Isn't it great, Rehaan? Our best friends together like us?"

"Does Shanaya like him too?" Rehaan asked.

"I think she does, but she doesn't know it yet. But she wi..."

"I don't think Karan would be happy with Shanaya" Rehaan declared as if he was hundred percent sure about it.

"Rehaan, I know you care a lot about your friend but just give it a thought, Karan is a perfect guy for Shanaya. I know for a reason that he will always keep her happy."

"We both know that Shanaya is still badly occupied with her past, then how can we let Karan destroy his own life even when we know that he is onto the path of destruction."

"Shanaya is a strong and beautiful woman. They both will be okay, just give them some time. I've seen them together and I know they could be really happy together." I tried to explain.

"Please don't try to force your friend into my friend's life. I'm here for him and I will make sure he would live the best of his life." Rehaan said arrogantly. I know he is very possessive about his loved ones but he was being mean then.

"You're being rude Rehaan. You can't just say anything to Shanaya. We both know she deserves to live a loving life."

"Definitely, But not at the cost of my buddy's life." He said and started walking inside.

"Fine. Then also tell me how will you change Karan's feelings towards her." I yelled while he walked away.

#####

Shanaya's POV

"Madam, where are you? I'm waiting for you at the gazebo." I almost yelled at my best friend. I don't like waiting for anybody, oh but yes, I like to keep people waiting for me. What? That's how I am. "Coming babe." She said from the other side of the call. "Please come here and do the honors." I said sarcastically before hanging up.