Chapter 4- A Reason

You wake up early in the morning, earlier than usual. Then you remember, You have no job. Sighing, you get out of bed, sulking. You get food, eating it slowly, laying your head on the table. What am I going to do? You thought to yourself, picking at your dinner.
Captain Phasma, your aunt, walks into the room, her helmet off for once. She set it down gently on the table, taking a seat, then seeing your current state, she sighs, "What is it?"
You look up at her, lifting your head, "I am completely and utterly fine, Captain."
She rolls her eyes at the comment, "You're my niece/nephew/family! Calling me 'Captain' is respectful. But I am still your family, so I expect to know what's wrong with you," When you don't respond, she continues, "How have the new medical droids been?"
"Ask someone else." You respond quickly, staring her in the eyes.
"I don't like the attitude, Y/N," She hisses, "What happened?"
"I got demoted, alright? That's the reason the all mighty Kylo Ren wanted to see me. He thought I had something to do with Poe escaping." You spat out.
"Poe? The prisoner? First name basis? I can understand why he would question you."
That's when you broke inside. All feelings coming out about how she raised you. Tough love, she would say. You mother would have wanted it this way, She would add. Your father was a coward. Was she? Was she really? She left for something she believed in. Multiple times.
You stood up from the table, your stool being shoved back, screeching behind you. Your aunt looked to you, a serious expression on your face. "I don't even know you! All you ever did was provide the basics. You had food, shelter, and a continuous supply of credits. But you never knew me. So what if I called him by his first name? He's gone now! What else should I call him? The prisoner? You have many. Plenty." You heaved a sigh, realize how you spoke to her.
She stood up, grabbing you by the arm, "You're leaving."
"I'm what?" You asked.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As if your aunt hadn't been clear enough when she had said, "You're leaving." She clearly meant it. You should have known, as she made plans that you'd leave. You went to another base, on a planet that you didn't even know the name of until you arrived. Still, you could barely pronounce it. No one could. Which made it the perfect base.
Now that would change once again. Sure, you'd be back to the base, helping scan data you'd received from prisoners and scans of the area. But now you were on a ship to a rebel base. A rusted, silver and black ship, cramped with prisoners and passengers. You hated every bit of it. You got several stares from people on board, including the co-pilot, who wasn't doing much other than pace back and forth.
When you arrived on the base, it wasn't what you had expected. In fact- there was nothing there. It was nothing. Absolutely nothing. There was no building, no anything. You had heard stories about Tatooine being just a huge chunk of sand- but this was a huge chunk of- well, you weren't quite sure. It was continuously raining, and you felt like it would never stop. Ever.
"Y/N, L/N." Someone shouts from behind you. You sigh, turning towards the person. It was a woman's voice. She had her hair pulled up in a bun, though you could tell it was pretty short, only to her shoulders. She had a somber expression on her face, like something we're about to happen. Death, "You'll assist me with the death of these prisoners."
"I don't know... I'd rather get settled, you know?" You respond as politely as possible. Though it was hard not to sound like a brat. You had an okay life. Not socially, though. But you were healthy and had the basic needs. No, refusing something felt bad. It left a bad taste in your mouth, but it didn't stay there long.
"Follow me," She hisses as she begins walking, leaving you to stand behind her in confusion. She sighs, rolling her eyes, turning her head in your direction, "That was never a question. It was always an order. Unless you'd like to be executed as well, I suggest you follow."
You had no other option. Maybe you did before, but not now. If you didn't follow, you were afraid what would happen next. So, you followed her, standing by her side, causing her to walk forward just enough to be in front of you.
"What's your problem?"
"I've got one problem- you." She snaps, "Again, mouth shut."
"Never told me in the first place. Plus, Captain Phasma wouldn't appreciate you killing her only living relative." You said, sounding like a complete and utter snob.
"I don't care about your Aunt. I care about destroying the resistance. With all that I have, they will burn! Not even ash will be left. The symbol is victory. Not everyone's as lucky as you, l/n. Not everyone," You could hear the pain in her voice. Something happened to her, and you planned on someday finding out. But now wasn't the time.
Trees were spotted on the outskirts of endless mud, and the woman turned to you, "Hope you're not afraid of mud." She got down on all fours, slipping in between a grotto of trees, until she was in a crouch, walking toward a door with a hand ID.
You sighed, your skirt/pants/dress getting full of mud, but you thought of one- and only one- response, "It's only wet dirt, right? I've never actually seen mud before."
She turned to look in your eyes- more like soul- "You're pathetic."
You had been expecting some pitiful response- but instead- you were called pathetic. She wasn't wrong, though. You didn't know how to fight or fly anything. You knew about saving lives. That's all. Even then, you couldn't save everyone due to the-
A hatch opened up, and the woman signaled for you to climb in. You swallowed, looking down at the ladder, and began your journey down, and she followed behind you. The prisoners after her, and guards after the prisoners.
Finally, you reached the bottom and stepped out of the way, looking at her, "What's your name?"
"Commander Maelin." She spoke strictly, "Now shut it. Executions begin soon."
"Who's up first?" You ask.
She looks to another guard, speaking with them, then turns back to you, shock written on her face, "There isn't a mistake, before you ask. Settle down, alright?"
"What is it?"
"You're next."

A/N: Finally a new chapter! Wrote this in a half hour. Over one thousand words! Just barely! XD
Anyway, I hope to be getting more and more frequent. We have testing all this week and three days next week, but NO homework! Thank the Jedi! Tomorrow I have horseback riding, so I may not post tomorrow. But I'll try. I'll let you guys know when the next chapter will be up. I stayed up late just to do this! Enjoy!