Chapter 7- Treason

You're eyes couldn't help but wander the room. This wasn't the average torture chamber. Instead, there was a table, with two chairs on opposite ends. This was interrogation? This would have been preferred over the years of torture. In fact, this wasn't anything to fear. It almost seemed peaceful, at first. That was, until General Organa pulled out a chair, clearing her throat for you to sit.
      Fear was now laced into your eyes as you took a seat, hands crossed in your lap, not daring to make eye contact with her as she sat down opposite of you.
      General Organa looked you dead in the eye, not showing any emotion as she spoke, "Miss..." She trailed off, looking at you expectantly.
      "Hmm?" You shuttered, swallowing the bile that rose in your throat. Your name. Well, you had one. Unlike most of the lifeforms you had met. FN this... RC that...
"This is the point in time where you answer my question- what's your name?" She sighed, "This could be an easy process, if you allow it to be."
You give her a slight nod, "M/U/N. It's M/U/N."
"We both know that's not true," A somber expression passes over the former princess's face, "There's not point in being dishonest."
You didn't want to trust her- but you couldn't help it. There was this... force... that drew you to her. She was kind- she showed compassion. If you let out too much information, there would be a price on your head. You couldn't let that happen. At the same time- she seemed so trusting.
      "Y/N." You answered, neglecting to give her your last name, fearing that she may have known your father- or even your mother.
       General Organa took the hint, and moved on to other questions, "Well then, Y/N, lets start off with the basics. How old are you?"
       "Twenty one- nearly twenty two," You answered, truthfully for once.
       "I'm assuming, from the information I've been told, that you're a member of the first order?" She questions, and you remain silent, "I'm also assuming that from your lack of conversation, I'm correct on the matter. There's no need to be afraid, no one's listening- and no one's going to cause any harm to you."
You nod, "It wasn't my choice to be a part of the first order, truthfully."
"It isn't a choice for most. Many are thrust into the situation- left in the dark with no way out. Brainwashed, per say."
Everything the General said made sense. You were forced to join the first order. There has been no other option. Well- there had been, but he was long gone. Your father- he could be alive if it weren't for-"
"The resistance... It's... Not an ideal place to be. But it's home. Not this system- but the people, Twi'leks, and the other lifeforms... We work together to bring the first order. We're the spark. You have that opportunity," The General gave you a warm smile, "Are you in?"
You nod slowly, uttering a simple but life-changing, "Yes."
"Before I introduce you to where you'll be working, I need to get through this interrogation," She states, "Why were you on that base?"
     "I had just been let go from my job as a nurse. When I originally thought of a nurse- I thought of helping the sickly. As it turns out- it's quite the opposite. It's more like injecting them with poison. I hated it. Most of all, I hated my relative, a notable figure in the order- who will remain nameless and sexless. My parents are both deceased- so I stuck with them. After I lost my job- My relative sent me to an unnamed place in an uncharted location. Upon arrival, I found out," You paused, sorrowfully, "I found out I was being executed. Thankfully, the resistance attacked- and I made it into that U-Wing. Now I'm here..."
       General Organa placed a hand over yours, giving you a sense of comfort, "You've given me more than enough information. Thank you. As for now, We'll need to run you through the detectors. I don't believe you have any weapons- but, just to be sure- and for the safety and precaution of others- it's needed. Standard procedure."
You thought of Poe's ring. If the detector saw it- they may discard it. As the General walked towards the door, you quickly pulled it over your head, tucking it into your shirt/dress/tunic.
As you stepped through the detectors, there was a sudden beeping. It was muffled, however.
General Organa turned, waving Ëilee off from patting you down. She saw your necklace and nodded promptly, "Jewelry."
She walked beside you after motioning for you to follow, "Have you ever met anyone from the resistance before? Someone who's still living?"
"Well, yes. Ëilee- and a man who goes by the name Poe Dameron, if that's even his real name, of course."
"Poe Dameron? We have a squadron out looking for him now. There's been no sign of him for quite a bit."
"He escaped. That's all I know. He was in poor health- and Kylo Ren was taking him to the interrogation room last time I saw him. When I heard he had made it out alive, I hoped for the best. I think he escaped on a tie fighter. But I've heard rumors it got shot down. Escaped with a former stormtrooper. FN something."
She seemed delighted to hear the new information, though nervous that Poe may be deceased, "I'm thankful for the information. I figured you'd met him. It would be strange if you had carried the exact same ring around your neck."
You swallowed, "How did you..."
You trailed off as she continued, "You believe your cunning, don't you? I saw you put it around your neck. That chain- the ring- I couldn't mistake it. I was at their wedding, of course. His mother was a good friend of mine."
Relief splashed over you. For some reason, you had doubted whether or not this was truly his mother's. Maybe a wife or husband- but, now that General Organa confirmed it, you had no reason to believe otherwise.
"You'll be trained as a mechanic. It's the best I can give you until you prove yourself around the base. I'd like you to speak in front of the base tonight, once most of them are here and tell them of Poe Dameron and any information you have that you're willing to give. If it prove yourself to them- you may go up in rank. Maybe a future General, yourself."
A smile crosses your face, "I doubt I can be of much use. I was never high up in leadership there. Never got any big news unless it was rumored- and rumors were usually true. I'll do my best, General Organa."
"Thank you," She smiled, a frown soon followed, "I'm afraid that due to your backgrounds, many members of the resistance would fear being chamber-mates with you. So, it seems like you'll get your own place to stay. It's smaller than most- due to only having the capacity for one. But you'll make do, correct?"
You nod, "Yes, it'll be more than fine. Thank you for welcoming me- Ëilee said I wouldn't be welcomed with open arms- but you seem to be open to change."
"When you're in the resistance, you have to be open-minded. That's what I like about you. You're open-minded. Ëilee was right, however, not all will be kind. For that, I apologize. I'll send over new garments soon. After all, you wouldn't want anyone to still believe you're a part of the first order. I'll leave you to get adjusted," She handed you a card to swipe to get into your chambers. You took it, shaking her hand.
"Thank you, General."
"It's no problem, Y/N. Be ready to speak tonight. Remember, give us as much information as you're able," She repeats, beginning to walk away after you nod.
As you turn to open your chambers, you hear her holler back to you, "The ring suits you well."
You turn scarlet red. The thought of YOU and Poe- well, maybe it wouldn't be so bad... It was a nice thought to have, after all.

___________________________

You all probably hate me for leaving this series on the back burner for so long. Thankfully, I got this chapter done today! Yay! I hope you guys enjoy it, although it's rather short. I just wanted to release content, so here's a filler chapter where you meet- drumroll please.....
GENERAL LEIA ORGANA!
This has been one of my favorite chapters to write, honestly. It came naturally to me. Wrote it within an hour. I hope to start releasing chapters regularly. Thank you all for your patience and support. See you all next time!

If you're able, please vote, comment, add this book to your reading list, and follow me. That way, you're up to date on discussions and new chapters! Thanks again, your support means a lot! We made it to 2k views!

*This chapter was not proofread*