Chapter 5- Right Around the Corner

* Hello beans! Before you read this chapter- just know there is some minor cussing. None by you, of course- simply Maelin being an Iconic Queen! She only says (Steve Rodgers, forgive me for I am about to sin!) "hell" and is verbally abusive to you! Love ya, beans! Enjoy the chapter! *

     You were stunned. You were next to be executed. All these thoughts ran through your head. The only thing you could do was stare at Commander Maelin, who furrowed her eyebrows at you, then rolled her eyes, "It'll be easier if we just get this over with."
    At this very moment in time, you were thinking of two things. Number one: Why were you being executed? Oh, and number two: How would you get this ring to Poe? Wait! Why were you thinking of him right before your execution? You should be thinking about what you're going to do to get out of this mess.
    "There's a mistake! There has to be!" You snap, your heart racing rapidly. Is this what it felt like to die? No.
    "Will you ever shut your hell (LANGUAGE) of a mouth?" Maelin growled, "Listen- I already checked to see if there was a mistake. There isn't. You're dying, alright?"
    She shoves you, trying to keep you walking. But you hesitate, "W-"
She didn't let you get a sentence out, "No talking!"
    "Can I at least ask a single question?" You hiss, "My dying wish?"
"Let me rephrase that, your highness, you're not dying. You're about to die. There's a difference, kid," She must have known you'd protest to being called kid, "I can say that you're a kid. I'm what- ten years older than your sorry excuse for a living being?"
    Silence followed what Maelin said as she pushed you forward once more, "Go under the detector."
   "Why? Didn't you already search me for weapons before I got onboard?"
"You got searched. But not while I was around. Go under." She hissed. You would prove her wrong. You had been searched. You smirked, head held up high as you walked underneath the detector. The buzzer went off, and you were immediately thrown to the ground, a blaster pointed at you as you pushed yourself against a wall.
     "Give it to me! Where in hell is your blaster! Or any weapon for that matter!" Maelin yelled. But suddenly, she put her blaster by her side as the whole bad went silent. Ships were roaring overhead, and suddenly... BOOM!
     Explosions echoed above, and a chunk of the roof came off, falling down on one of the executioners. Before you knew it, another BOOM echoed throughout the base. While Maelin was distracted, you kicked her in her stomach. That's really the only thing you knew how to do- and it was from watching your aunt. Maelin stumbled backwards, falling on her back as a piece of roof fell down on her.
     As much as you hated that woman, you knew what suffering looked like. She was crying out in pain. You had seen it many times before on so many different people. You weren't a strong fighter- and you weren't the most intelligent. You weren't an idiot, and you weren't weak- you just didn't have proper training.
     Maelin reached out her hand, tears flushing down her face. You had two options.
1. Leave her and run from this horrible place.
      and
2. Help her

      After years of seeing others suffer- you decided what you'd do. You'd grabbed her hand, beginning to pull her out from underneath the collapsed roofing. When she got out, she looked at you, "I guess you do have guts, kid."
     "How do we get out of here!" Sure, it was a question- but you had shouted it- making your sentence slightly jumbled up.
    "Follow me. I hate this hell hole, anyway." She began to run forward, then stopping herself, "Get out that weapon of yours. You'll need it."
    "No- you don't understand. It's not a weapon." You said, shouting over the ruckus in the base. You took the chain out of your pocket, the ring dangling on the end, reflecting the light that shine down on it.
   "Oh, you've got to be kidding me. Let me guess, you have some long lost lover? Hell, I've seen everything today!" She began running again as you put the chain and ring back into the pockets of your dress/skirt/pants (or trousers). You ran after her, narrowly avoiding getting toppled over.
     When you reached the gate, Maelin took a moment to place her hand on the glass. As you waited, you watched innocent people slaughtered. Even a young child, who reminded you of yourself. The child screamed out as the roof creaked above them. You did the only thing you knew- you ran over to them, wrapping your arms around the child. But no one was there.
     Maelin looked over at you, "What the hell are you doing? Come on!" She said, already bolting through the gate. You got up, shaking dirt off of you as you followed behind her, lagging behind.
    As you came in behind her, she held a blaster to your throat, and you gulped, breathing shakily. You shook your head in disbelief, "I saved your life!"
"Don't trust people, kid." She fired, narrowly missing you. You remembered what Phasma had done to prisoners many times. Kicked their weapon out of their hands. So you did just that- sort of. You missed and tumbled to the ground, as Maelin circled around you.
     "Just do it already." You sighed, head against the stone. She towered over you, standing by your feet. That's when you made your move- you tripped her. Pretty childish- but you did it. And managed to take kick her blaster out of reach. You thought it was over.
     But it wasn't. She rolled off of her stomach, a spear in her hands. You started backing away from her. That's when it hit Maelin. Literally. A blast got her in the ribs and she fell forwards, hands still supporting her weight- just barely holding her up.
    "You!" Whoever shot her pointed at you, motioning you to follow them, "You want to get out of here?"
    "Who wouldn't!" You fired back, as they took off in your direction. They climbed aboard a ship. Not an X-wing or Tie-fighter, but a ship large enough to hold more than a few people. You raced on board, falling to your knees in the back of the metal ship, coated in a layer of white.
     "If you're gonna stay back there- secure the back ramp! I'm scanning the area for any more pathetic life forms!" He said, preparing for lift off.
    You watch Maelin half-crawl forward, on her hands and knees toward the ramp as it began to slink its way up. She screamed in agony. Once again, you reached out your hand, "You can start a new life! Trust me!"
     It was as if her life flashed before her eyes as she reached for your hand, fearing the worst. But as the ship began hovering off the ground, she threw her spear in, and extra blaster- trying to take some of the weight off. She grabbed onto your hand, only to be pulled off, torn into shreds right in front of your eyes.
    As the ramp closed, you fell backwards, eyes wide, feeling sick.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Did you peeps enjoy it? I hope you all did! Over 1,000 words up there! I love writing this book- but school had kept me busy as always. Sadly. Hehe! But with summer around the corner- school will be let out and I'll be back! Yay! I'm using way to many exclamation points... I know! Sorry for Maelin's language... I know Steve Rodgers would be lecturing her dead body right now. Yes, I said dead. You guys may have liked her (for some strange reason)- but she's staying dead. Sure, there will be mentions of her- but she won't come back to life. Also- hold onto your hands, peeps! No, the pill was NOT Poe- but the pilot is a pretty chillax person! Enjoy! I will TRY to post at least once a week from now on.

    I'm adopting kittens on the fourth though... And both have Star Wars names! It's crazy! Six cats (ALL INDOOR!!!). I also almost fainted in French- and the nurse was like "Nah, sis. Ya fine."

   I clearly wasn't. Can't wait! I WILL be posting 5/4. National Star Wars day!