Chapter 8- Voice of Reason

By the time the sun had began to set, you had already washed off in the refresher and gotten changed into your new uniform. It wasn't as luxurious as what you had worn as a nurse in the First Order, but it was comfortable.
You were pacing in your quarters, though there wasn't much room to pace. But, you couldn't stop yourself. In a few minutes, you'd be whisked away to the meeting hall to share information with the resistance. General Organa has warned you that not everyone would welcome you with open arms, and you wished that she was wrong.
A sudden knock came at your door, and upon opening it, you saw Ëilee, waiting patiently.
"M/U/N," He smiled, "General Organa is ready for you."
You nod, closing the door behind you as you began the journey to the meeting hall.
About thirty seconds in, you swallowed the bile that rose in your throat, "I need to tell you something."
"And that is?" He asks, "What, you miss me or something? Aren't I the most memorable person in the galaxy?"
You quirk an eyebrow, "Your words, not mine. But, no," You hesitate, "I wasn't truthful on the U-Wing. I'm not M/U/N. My name is-"
"Y/N L/N," He answers, leaving you in shock.
You stutter, not knowing what to say. You hadn't told General Organa your surname. You barely told her your first- this came as a surprise- and not a welcome one.
"Ëilee..." You murmur, but it was too late, he shoved you into the meeting hall, and took his seat with several other pilots.
General Organa beckoned you to come forward, to stand in front of the resistance and share everything you knew with them.
Before you began to speak, she whispered in your ear, a hand on your back, "You'll do great."
With that encouragement, you began, "Hello, I'm Y/N, a former member of the First Order. As a new member of the resistance, General Organa has encouraged me to share any information that can be seen as helpful with you."
There were a few murmurs in the crowd, a few scoffs, and a few hopeful, young resistance members looking at you as if you were the twin suns on Tatooine.
"I was set to be executed, and was sent to what we thought was a hidden base on an uncharted planet. During that time, the resistance attacked, and I narrowly escaped on a U-Wing, thanks to one of your pilots. I'll skip the details of my upbringing, and skip to the important part. The First Order continues to grow stronger every day- at least, that's what we lead you to believe. Many of those serving Kylo Ren despise what they do. They would have given any chance to end their lives and escape. The others, however, have been brainwashed. They're planning an attack sometime soon, and they have a weapon far greater than we could have ever imagined. I imagine they'll be testing this weapon rather soon. I'm
unsure what it does, but I know it's devastating."
        The crowd in front of you began to whisper, their eyes wide, processing he new information.
       Suddenly, a man shot up out of his seat, "And why should we believe you? You were one them once. Are we really supposed to believe them!"
       There was an uproar behind him. Some remained calm, some weren't bothered at all, while others were screaming, demanding that you should be locked up for further questioning.
      "They could be dangerous!" Someone shouted, throwing their fist up in the air.
       "Any new information is useful," Another spoke. At first, you were grateful, but as they continued, you let out a frown, "Even if it's all a lie."
      General Organa was about to step in, but halted when she heard the voice of a pilot.
     The pilot sat in one of the front rows, head bowed until now. It was in hat moment that you recognized him.
     "I believe him/her/them."
      You were in shock, your mouth parting every so slightly, your eyes wide and focused on one person. You gripped the podium before you, hands shaking.
Poe.
     Suddenly, the necklace tied around your neck burned you. Not literally, but you could feel the very spot where the ring touched your neck.
      "Why? You don't even know them," Someone spoke out.
      "So? None of us knew each other when we started our- for the most part, at least. If people from the resistance can join the First Order, then members of the First Order can join the resistance," Poe explained, "I believe her. Just like I'd believe you. You have to have trust in one another."
      "Yes, but we've built that trust up for a while now. Each and every one of us. We confide in each other, have found family in one another. We have no clue who this is. She wasn't an aspiring pilot, a hopeful mechanic- no, she was a member of the First Order."

————————————————————

     Ëilee sat quietly, observing how you reacted to everyone's screaming. He imagined that after the attack on the First Order on the uncharted planet, you may have PTSD, but he stayed quiet, seeing how you handled the situation maturely.
       He wondered if he should tell you the truth. How he learned your name. How you not only shared the same background- but the same family.