Chapter 6- Sanctuary

Your chest was heaving from the events that had just taken place. Sure, you had seen and killed innocent people and lifeforms before- but you had never seen such a gruesome death happen right before your eyes. Was it your fault?
     "Hey kid!" A voice called out from the front of the, What you learned was a, U-Wing, "It's about to get rough! Strap in!"
     You did as he instructed, clicking a strap into place to keep you from being jostled around, "What's your idea of rough?"
     "You'll see!" He shouts as the U-wing tilts to its side in order to dodge a piece of debris, followed by Tie fighters following in pursuit, "Once we get around this debris- We'll be close to the base! Which means we'll have backup!"
     You can't even muster up the words to respond. You simply nod, clutching onto Poe's ring. It was the only thing you had with you, except for the weapons from Maelin- which were currently clutched in your left hand.
     The man at the front of the U-Wing let out a sigh, "We'll be there any moment. For the time being- mind telling me your name?"

(OOP- make up a name you like. You'll use this name for the next few chapters, as you want your true identity to remain a secret. Don't worry, YOU, you'll get your name back! For now, M/U/N stands for Made Up Name. So, make one up, Sherlock.)

You hesitated for a moment. If you used your real name, there was a chance that someone could learn your true identity. You weren't up for the risk. Instead, you let out a sigh, "M/U/N. Quick question- Where are we going?"
      "D'Qar. A planet on the Outer Rim. I'd tell you more- but that's confidential. You'll learn soon enough, kid," He says, "So, How'd you end up having on a First Order Base?"
    You smirked to yourself, "That's confidential."
There was another question you were itching to tell, "Why didn't you leave me to die?"
    "Somethin' about you, kid. And the fact that we can use you for information. You know anything about X-Wings?" He questions, the U-Wing tilting to its side as it dodged a blast from a tie fighter.
    "This is blue three to Black leader, We're preparing for incoming," He rushes, blasting a Tie fighter out of his path, making a sharp turn towards a trio of X-Wings.

Your jaw dropped as you saw D'Qar for the first time. It was breathtaking. For a split second, you had thoughts of your father. He had never supported the first order- unlike your mother. He had always been loyal to the resistance. A spy, actually. His mission was to blend in- act casual. That was something he did well. He settled down, Found your mother- wed her. Had you. It had been loveless marriage- one sided.
     You loved your father, you truly had. But finding out the only reason he settled down was to keep his cover tore you to pieces. Your mother, {M/N}, had even shed a tear upon hearing of his true specialty. Informing the resistance of their plans. He had put everyone's life at risk- and wound up fleeing before your home base had been blown up before your very eyes.
       Your mother had died in the explosion- and you were left to your Aunt, Captain Phasma. It hasn't been an easy upbringing- especially when Phasma found your father- executing him for the death of her sister. His head handed right by your feet. The memory hadn't faded- it was like a flashing light.
      Snapping back to reality, the U-Wing was close to the docking bay of the D'Qar base. Memories of your parents- your past faded away as the U-Wing landed- with a thud.
      "Be prepared," Just like that- the silence was broken. By two, short words. The pilot sat up from his seat, turning to the ramp that led others aboard. Where Maelin met her fate. Not a pleasant one, either. Not one like your parents could have had- if they had both put their respected thoughts aside and focused on their life- and your upbringing.
     Confused, you raised a brow, "Prepared? What's that supposed to mean?"
      The pilot swallows, "The resistance isn't just going to welcome you with open arms, {M/U/N}. Everyone's on edge. Don't take it personally, but no one's going to trust you."
      "Do you trust me?" You question, waiting impatiently for his response.
      "Do you trust me?" He repeats, giving you a knowing look, already predicting your response."
       You fumble for words. But your  silence answers his question, to which he responds, "Trust goes both ways."
     With that, the ramp slides down to the docking bay ground, allowing you and the pilot to walk off the U-Wing.
      Almost immediately, you're met with a small crowd of people. Two had blasters raised, ready to blast you at any given moment. You thought back on what the pilot had said- no one's going to trust you.
    He had been correct- and you now saw why.
     A woman, standing tall in dark grey robes held up a hand, causing the duo to lower their blasters, "Ëilee, I see you've brought a guest."
     One of the men with blasters scoffs, "Or a prisoner."
     The woman silenced him, allowing the pilot, Ëilee, to speak, "General Organa, this is {M/U/N}. I decided to save a life during the attack- instead of leaving them to die. They may be useful- whether or not that's information or another pilot- I'm unsure."
General Organa. The very woman an attack had been orchestrated specifically against. She was a high and powerful member of the resistance. Your parents had told stories... Your mother had told you birdied ones- while your father described the woman's beauty, having served with her in one of the battles of Endor.
     The other man beside General Organa spoke up, "Maybe a useful mechanic."
     "Possibly. But, I think I have another idea for now. Follow me," She nods for you to trail after her, which you oblige, falling into step slightly behind her, as to not show dominance.
      "General- where are you taking me?" You ask, wondering where you'd end up next. It had been an endless journey from base to base the past several years- which you hadn't enjoyed. Would she torture you for information? Kill you on the spot? The possibilities were endless.
      As you approached what was noted as the "briefing room", you paused. Briefing rooms in the first order were torture chambers, hidden from the public eye, as to not cause a distraction.
      You swallowed the bile that rose in your throat. Thoughts of your parents swirled in your head, the bad memories filtered out. Your hand went to the necklace in your palm. It was Poe's. Would the General know it was his? More importantly- would you be alive to see him get it back? Would you be alive to see the end of either the force order or he resistance? Once again, the possibilities were endless...