chapter 5

Ban raced along the green maze of supersized quartz. He looked cautiously as he was looking for his prey. His ruby eyes spotted a blonde girl in a white dress disappear behind a green pillar.

"Elaine!"

***

I looked weakly between Guila's legs. I laid upon the cold, green floor, crimson fell from the open wound on my back. Sweat and tears rolled down my face. I attempt to sit up, but Guila put her heeled boot on my shoulder, pinning me to the ground.

"Let her go!" Meliodas shouted and set his hand on the grip of his broken sword sheathed onto his back.

"How amusing, this weak girl is really that important to you?" Guila mocked and drove her heel in my upper back. I shout in pain.

"(Y/n)!" Diane shouted and raced to Guila. She smirked and sliced the air with her rapier, slicing Diane's hand. Crimson slashed from the wound and splattered onto the ground. She grunts and held onto her wrist.

"Diane," I squeezed my hand into a fist. Guila sliced Diane's upper thigh. Diane screamed in pain and fell on the ground in front of Meliodas. More tears flow from my eyes.

"No," I whispered and laid my head on the ground, clenching my fist even tighter. This is my fault. These people are risking themselves for me. Why? Why would they do this for someone they barely know?

Guila began to chuckle lowly, a smirk crept onto her face. Her hand held confidently on the rapier. She wasn't about to let go of the order she was given. With her other hand, she reached down and firmly grasped onto my (h/l) (h/c) hair. She pulled on it until I was on my knees. Her rapier set on my throat.

My eyes pleaded to Meliodas, who was clearly restraining himself from attacking this wicked woman. I am too weak to fight back, strategy alone won't work. Also I can't go anywhere because she has ahold of my hair. If only I was free from her.

I pulled a blade from my pocket. It was small but it's sharp. I mean sharp! Guila's main attention was on the Sins so if this doesn't work, it will be all for nothing.

"What are you going to do, I got a member of your pathetic group? Surrender your lives and-"

Shing!

Meliodas, Hawks, Elizabeth, and Diane's eyes widened as (h/c) stands of hair fall to the ground.

"(Y/n)?" Elizabeth asked in a low voice. Her brilliant blue eyes look at me with curiosity.

At that moment, I ran. Even though I was in pain, I ignored it. Blood dripped from my open wound. Explosion burst from either side of me, but they didn't jolt me. I was too fast for them. A large piece of debris hit the back of my head. I lost balance and fell off the edge.

Am I going to die. . . in the Necropolis? Well, that's ironic. . .

I closed my eyes, excepting my fate. 

The next thing I know is that I was embraced in someone's arms. My eyes flutter open to find a set of shimmering red eyes. My face heats up.

Ban. . .

Those red eyes are fixated ahead. He seems a lot less gloomy then his usual self. Is there something here that made him happy?

That's a weird thought to think about. What would be so happy about the land of the dead? Besides. . . Wait, did he find a lost family member or perhaps a lost lover?

What no!

I shake the thought of my head. I don't want to think about that. There's no way that he could. . . WHAT AM I THINKING, OF COURSE HE WON'T STILL HAVE FEELINGS FOR THE DECEASED. But could he?

Ban landed on ground. He gave me one hard glance which made my face blush furiously. His hand reached for my hair. I allowed him to touch it. My hands clenched together, my head turned to the side.

"Your hair looks cute this short." Ban complimented. His hand went into his small pockets. I felt flustered by his compliment but I couldn't help but feel some regret towards my action. Surely there was another way to get out of that without cutting my hair. I loved my hair, it didn't deserve being cut.

I groaned and reached to my back. Ban turned to face me. His face expressed with concern.

"(Y/n), are you hurt?" Ban asked.

I didn't find the strength to respond. My knees collapsed to the ground. Ban came to me. His warm hands find my shoulders, and he kneels to get to my level. My eyes stay on the ground. Sweat beads on my forehead.

"(Y/n), I am so sorry." Ban pleaded. His forehead rest on mine. My eyes stayed on the emerald green crystal floor. Feeling Ban close to me like this made me feel more secure. Like Guila or anyone else can not penetrate the safety of Ban's embrace.

"I should've saved you from being captured. I should've caught you from falling from the roof of that castle ten years ago. Then you would never had gotten this damn amnesia!" Ban shouted.

I see, he blames himself for what had happened to me. Or so I think. To be honest, I don't even think they have rescued the same girl. I don't feel like the lion sin of pride. I don't have any pride in me. Look at me now, listening to all of Ban's apologies. Most seem like right out of a fantasy book.

". . . I'm sorry you got your fangs removed!" Ban shouts. Suddenly the whole atmosphere changed. My eyes widened as my eyes lifted off the floor and to Ban. His fist clenched his leather pants.

"My. . . fangs?" I repeat. I looked at the shine on the wall and showed my teeth. Sure enough, two of my upper row of teeth are missing.

"Sorry about that." Ban told me in a low, apologetic voice. He stood up and offered his hand to me. I took it and he helped me to my feet. '

"Are you sure you can walk?" He asked.

"I can manage." I told him. As long as I'm with him, I don't need to worry about any attacks. And if I end up bleeding to death, I don't fear or worry about anything when he's around.