chapter 8

I got out of my bed. Something I haven't done in a while, but today I feel eligible enough to finally get off my lazy ass. I took a glance out the window, flinching at the bright horizon. Once my eyes adjust, I spotted a tall, silver haired man wearing red coming towards the Boar Hat. Behind him was a person wearing a black cloak. 

I understand why he was avoiding me, he was with someone else. 

I closed the curtains forcefully and buried my head in the pillow. 

Why am I so upset? It was stupid for me to begin to have feelings for him. It's my fault. Not his. And there was this Elaine person as well. He was calling out to her instead of worrying about me. It's clear he hasn't let go of the past. A part of me can't help but wander what had happened to Elaine. She could burn in hell, I don't care. 

Meliodas told me that me and Ban were lovers a decade ago. In fact, we were considered married. He must have been telling me fictional stories to make me feel better. Now I know not to just trust these people, I am going to have to be on my own. Just like I always have been.

That's enough. I can't let this get to my head. In fact, he might even be with another woman. It could be a merchant or someone else. 

But why would Ban travel with a merchant?

Maybe he, she, or it was one of the Sins?

A knock comes to my door. My head spun to see Meliodas standing in the doorway.

"AT LEAST LET ME ANSWER BEFORE YOU BARGE IN HERE!" I screamed at the perverted midget.

"(Y/n), someone's here to see you!" Meliodas chirped. I narrowed my eyes at him. It must be Ban. It has to be because I seen him come in with someone. Why else would Meliodas tell me to come downstairs? 

I walked past Meliodas without saying a word. 

I headed down to the bar. I refuse to look at Ban. How could I? He ran off without saying a word. As for the rest of the Sins, they wouldn't tell me a thing. The thing I hate the most is being left in the dark. Just like in the dungeon, except, this was much more tormenting. 

My eyes dart towards the cloaked figure near the tables. He took the hood off to reveal a old, silver haired man with his hair pulled back in a pony tail. His ruby eyes met with my (e/c) ones. 

"(y/n), is that you?" he asked. 

I glared at him. 

How does he know my name? I haven't seen him in my life.  I thought. 

"Uh, yeah. And you are?" I replied. 

"Oh sorry for being direct. I know you lost your memory. My name is (d/n) (l/n), I'm your father." He told me. I shook my head. He may have the red eyes and fangs of a vampire, but I don't remember my father. I don't know if this guy is just saying he's my father or not. Anyway, I don't trust him. He could've tricked Ban into bringing him here. He could be a Holy Knight for all I care!

"After you ran away, I've been worrying about you every day. After hearing that you lost your memories, I was heart broken. After not hearing from you for so long, that wasn't the news I wanted to hear. So please, come back with your family."  

"No, you're not my father. My family was wiped out by the demons a hundred years ago!" I yell, but I'm not lying. Ban told me that the vampire girl told him that the vampires were on the verge of extinction. Only a few remain.

"That may be true, but some of us survived. Me and your brother survived the last attack. There's a hidden village just south of here that we reside in. If you visit, you may just regain your memories. Don't you want that (y/n)?"