Chapter 16

I watched as King and Ban trained as my face was buried in a book. At least, that what i wanted them to think. 

"You're screwing around, King." Ban lashed. "Take this seriously! Attack like you mean it!"

"Like you mean it, huh? Why?" King asked. 

"I guess I want to crush the Holy Knights and take back the kingdom as soon as possible." Ban jumped up behind King, grabbed his head, and forced him to the ground. King stopped himself right before his face kissed the grass.

"Take back the kingdom?" King asked. "I'm surprised to hear that from you. I thought you didn't care about anyone else but yourself."

"Ain't it the same with you?" Ban spat on the ground. 

"I suppose. But I have my own special reason of helping Diane."

King has the hots for Diane? I'm interested now. 

"I have one of those as well." Ban said and he looks at me out of the corner of his eye. I shrink down behind my book and look in the pages. "But the reasons of ending this ridiculous war is personal.This war has been going on to way too long. It's about time someone put a stop to it before countless more innocent lives are taken. It really pisses me off." 

"When did greedy ole Ban finally have a heart?" King teased. 

"Whatever," Ban rolled his eyes.

***

I set down my book and jumped to my feet. Wondering throughout the forest, I found myself drawn to all the fine details: the rock, trees, plants, bugs and small animals. Each of them are different in their own special way.

Taking in a deep breath, I found myself at peace. No stress, no fights, and no lingering smell of alcohol... hem Ban. It's just me and nature.

My name is (y/n). I am a vampire and the Tiger Sin of Pride. My job is a waitress at the tavern named Boar Hat. I am a warrior princess of the Vampire Clan. Twelve years ago, I was released from the seal that kept my clan safe from the demons. I've been on my own ever since. Ten years ago, I lost my memories. Only a few came back so far. I don't recall my parents faces, or how I met Ban and the other Sins.

My foot stepped into a stream. The cold water rushes past my ankles, and yet, I keep walking. When the water rose up to my hips, I stop and close my eyes. Taking deep breaths, I focus on the inner power inside me impatiently wanting to break free after being concealed for so long.

The power flows through my veins, making my toes and finger tips tingle. My head tilts up to the heavens. I exhaled through my mouth.

When my eyes opened back up, everything was red. The sky, the trees, the water. A bird shot up for flight slowly. I blinked twice then I noticed that it wasn't bird what was slowing down, it was me moving faster.

Challenging myself, I bent my knees and jumped high into the air. My pale fingers grabbed ahold of the bird as I started to decent. I land softly on the bank of the stream and my vision and time speed became normal. The cardinal in my hands screams and struggles in the palm of my hand.

I can't believe I actually caught a bird with my bare hands. Feeling sorry for the little guy, I released my grasp and watched the bird fly away. I looked back at the stream. There was no sign of life below the waters.

I stretched my arms across my chest as I wonder along the stream's bank. My eyes spy for any life. There was none.

I don't get it, there should be more. This is the wilderness, why cant I find any life? All there is, is tree's and shrubs.