Chapter 11

A/N: THIS IS AN EDITED VERSION BECAUSE I ACCIDENTLY POSTED THIS WITHOUT EDITING. I AM SORRY FOR ANY CONFFUSION I HAVE PLACED UPON YOU GUYS.

"Are you kidding me, no way!" King yelled at Meliodas.

"Awe, why not. If you want to impress Diane, what better why than to do it at a fighting festival." Ban told King slyly.

"I'll do it." King replied quickly.

"Now that's more like it!" Ban chuckled. 

"You seriously still talking about fighting at this thing?" I asked.

"Face it, you're interested." Ban told me. 

"Attending? No. Seeing you guys getting your asses kicked? Yes." I grinned.

"Oh yee of little faith..." Meliodas stated.

"Did you literally quote the bible to me?" I asked.

Meliodas didn't answer and continued walking through the streets. To my surprise, the winner of this fighting festival gets to keep Diane's hammer. As if a human can ever use a hammer of a giant or keep as merchandise. Heck, I doubt that any of these weak humans can even remove it from the side of the hill. People of Britannia lack common sense.

I subconsciously move closer to Ban. It was as if we had a positive and negative pull. Our hands almost touch. I looked down and Ban grabbed my hand. I jolted and take my hand back.

"What the hell man?" I shout and rubbed my hand and glared at Ban. Part of me regrets snapping like that. The part that liked him. I looked forward, grief was in my eyes. Why would I ever love a thief and drunk like Ban? Out of all people. A pervert like Meliodas seems to be the better choice. 

"I'm sorry (y/n)." Ban sighed. 

He's .... upset?

"Tch forget it." I huffed and roll my eyes. Why am I having so much of an attitude towards this? I actually enjoyed holding his hand for a second. It was the greatest second of my life. So why am I so worked up?

Through the corner of my eye, I see that same green hair of the guy I seen when hiding from the Holy Knights. He was standing at a book merchant stand looking at the books about fantasy. 

"Hey lettuce head!" I announced cheerfully. He turns around to face me. A soft smile came onto his face. 

"Hey there." He responded.

I looked down at his hands which have a books in them.

"You like reading?" I asked.

"I do, but these are for a special friend of mine."

"Oh and by the way. I love this one," I pointed to the one in his right hand, "The plot is great, and it doesn't end in a horrible death unlike the one in your left hand."

"Oh thanks. That saves a lot of trouble." he put the book in his left hand down and picked up another.

"Ooooo that's a tricky one." I said and looked closely at the the tittle. It was hard to read because of the font. I believe it read, "The Girl and The Thief" written by an unmarked person.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and chills crawled up my spine.

"(Y/n), it's time to go." The voice was deep and sounded bored. I recognized that voice in a flash. It was Ban.

The lettuce head looked at Ban and made a humming sound. As if he recognized him too.

"Ban, can I not look at books in peace?" I hissed.