chapter 7

It's been a week since I woke up. In that time, I haven't been doing much. Mainly laying in bed, letting the wound on my back to heal. Ban hasn't shown his face yet. It's starting to make me worried. It makes me wonder if the auburn kid killed him. I know I heard his name or title once, but I forget names too easily. I think it was ring, ding, shing. . . oh yeah, King.

Elizabeth came into the room with a metallic bowl of water, a white rag was hanging from the side. She sat on the side of my bed and greeted me with a warm smile. 

"Good afternoon, (y/n). Are you feeling any better?" She asked in her normal soft voice.

I wanted to be honest with her. I want to see Ban to know if he was alright. The fact of not seeing him is getting me anxious and also sort of depressed. If he's avoiding me or he's not here all together. What happened when I was unconscious? 

"I'm good. What about you Elizabeth?" I replied. 

She set her hands on her knees and looked to the ground. I can tell she wanted to say something, but she kept it to herself. My eyes drifted to the side, avoiding eye contact. Her eyes set unto me and a smile crept onto her face once again. 

"I'm glad you are feeling better, (y/n). That's all that matters."

That wasn't what I wanted to here. 

"Anyway. I want to know why Ban hasn't been visiting me. Where is he? I want to know if something happened to him. Please Elizabeth, I want to know what is going on. Is there something you aren't telling me?" I asked with tears threating to spill from my eyes.

Elizabeth looked down and picked up the rag and placed it in the bowl. "It's time to clean your wound."

"Enough with the bull shit, tell me what is going on!" I shout and knocked the bowl of water off Elizabeth's lap. It crashed on the floor, for a split second, my eyes turned blood red. Elizabeth's eyes widened. She stood up and picked up the spilled bowl. 

"I-I have to go." she told me and quickly scooted out of the bedroom. I fell backwards onto the bed and looked at the ceiling. They told me that I was the sin of pride, but back there was wrath. Who am I really?

***

"That would be five hundred yen, sir." The merchant told him. Ban reached into his money sack, but it was empty. 

"Tch, forget it." He replied and quickly snatched a replica of the item without the merchant's attention. That's what Ban was; a thief. But never once did he get caught. He was sneaky. . . like a fox.

Ban strolled around the dusty old village. Not many laid resident in that dump. A few children played here and there, but nothing else was seen. Makes him wonder what he was even doing. 

But he will keep reminding himself that we is doing this for (y/n). He needs to find a way to make her remember again. An apology for getting her captured and her sacred treasure removed from her. This was the town they say she used to live in, but there's little to nothing here. 

"Hey you!" 

Ban turned around and seen an old man with some teeth missing. His clothes were torn and worn out, and his hair was messy.

"Why is someone of your kind doing here? What is your intentions?" he continued.

"Eh? I'm looking for something that belongs to a friend of mine." Ban replied.

"Whatever it is, you aren't going to find it here."

"I won't get too cocky with those words, old man." Ban told him and continued walking. 

"Hey, what's your friend's name?" He asked.

"(y/n) (l/n)," Ban replied and the man's eyes widened. 

"You don't mean, the girl with (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes?"

"You know her?" Ban asked.

"Yes, I'm her father."

Ban's attention was turned and a breeze swept through the old village. Loose dirt got swept off the street.

"You're her father?" Ban asked. He's so old.

"If you're here, something must have happened to her. I ask of you, please have her return. She ran away over a hundred years ago and hasn't returned. Not even a simple card or world has ever been spread. Please tell me, how is she?" He asked.

"She has lost her memories ten years ago. I'm afraid that there's sign of them returning." Ban told him. He can't tell him that she was gravely injured. That would upset him even more. For her protection, he won't go into farther details. He doesn't know if this is her real father or just a hooky. 

The old man who claims to be (y/n)'s father gripped into his worn brown shirt. Those two sentences hit him hard. He grits his teeth. Just those actions was more convincing to Ban that this man is truly her father. Or maybe a family member. 

"I think I know what can help, but please, let me see her." He told Ban.