Chapter 15

It was Meliodas who broke that crystals. My now ruby eyes flicker in confusion.

What just happened?

A uneasy presence caused goose bumps to line my arms. It was hard to breathe.

I looked over my shoulder to face Meliodas and Elizabeth. She stepped away from him, feeling the same presence that I do. Meliodas is covered in black markings and his eyes are darker than midnight.

"C-Captain?" I whinced as I accidently bite my lip. Hot blood dripped down my chin. I touched my lip and said, "What the--"

"Hot. My insides are burning." Jericho pleaded as she squeezed her chest.

"How did he escape from the Amber?" Guila pondered. Meliodas cut off her arm that was holding his sword. He reclaimed his broken weapon. Meliodas shook off the hand that was still clinging onto the sword. 

Hot blood flew from Guila's wound. She screamed in agony. The strong scent of blood makes my stomach growl I  hunger. It smells sweet to my nose.

"Sir Meliodas?" Elizabeth pleaded. 

"How dare you!" Guila growled. 

Meliodas swung his sword low. The power from the blow caused the girls to be swept off their feet. They landed more than fifty feet away.

"How is that possible? A casual wave caused such a huge blast?" Jericho asked. Jericho looked over at Guila who was laying uncouncious.

"Oh no."

She picked up her sword and Guila's severed hand and raced to her comrades aid. Jericho took a green bead off Guila's armor and smashed it against the ground. "Super recovery spell!"

An orb of green surrounded the two. When the spell faded, Guila was conscious and her hand was back in place. 

I stiffened and grit my teeth at the two. A growl escaped my tongue. Those filthy cheaters!

"I owe you one." She told Jericho. 

"That wasn't part of the plan!" Jericho snapped. "I thought the Amber was unbreakable! No one can escape it, now this!"

"I don't know how he did it, but he is giving of a unsettling magical energy." Guila says. "It's almost as if... "

"Miss (y/n), what is happening to Sir Meliodas?" Elizabeth asked me. 

I shook my head slowly. The same question Elizabeth asked still swimming in my mind. Honestly I have no idea what is happening to the captain, this unsettling presence I have always felt from his has reached its climax. Meliodas, the dragon sin of wrath, is in fact a demon.

Ban snuck up behind Jericho and Guila. His wounds have completely healed, no scare except for the one on his neck and chin.

"You got some seriously bad news, Jericurl!" Ban greeted. 

"Jericho!" She corrected him.  Jericho's hand on the hilt of her sword. 

"Sorry, my bad. Oh, and i also took the pleasure of restoring myself while i was at it." He smirked and quickly snatched the beads off Guila's armor. "Spell beads. huh? You got some interesting toys." Ban showed the beads he took moments ago.

"When did you?" Guila asked as she looked at where the beads used to be. 

"Pay attention!" Ban ordered. His eyes widened as he seen the Captain rushing towards them. Ban raced to Meliodas. "Are you really the Captain?" He asked. Meliodas cut Ban in half. 

"Ban!" I screamed and rushed towards Ban. 

"Sir Meliodas?" Elizabeth asked and took a step back.