》gilded or golden

"Tony, you know it is not necessary to use my birthday as a guise for throwing a party." The young brunette chided, still furiously typing away at the letters on the keyboard, every since Pepper had become CEO of Stark Industries Tony had hired Daisy to deal with the things that Pepper once did. Over the four years, he nearly had begun to think of the successful young woman as his daughter of sorts. Daisy pushed the frame of her glasses back up to their proper place and spun around in the chair to see Tony casually leaned against the wall.

"Why not? When's the last time you actually went to a party Daisy?" He eyed her, Tony knew that if he couldn't talk her into the parties, paid vacations, and random days off she would work herself to death, all while still attending Graduate school to attain her PhD. in Environmental Studies.

Daisy huffed and crossed her arms, "Considering that you're my boss, I've been to all of the ones you've hosted since I began working and if remember correctly the Carnival themed one coincided with my birthday as well." She raised her eyebrow, challenging Tony to say otherwise, excitedly he pushed himself off the wall and stepped forward grabbing the back of her desk chair and spinning it around.

"Daisy, c'mon. Don't be like that. I already started the plans and everything. It's Gatsby themed, the roaring twenties. Don't think that I haven't seen that book lying around your desk, it looks like it's been read a thousand times over." His voice held exasperation and was dramatized in the worse possible way that made her smile, but it was as if the words had finally set in and abruptly she planted two feet on the ground and stopped the spinning, looking dead at Tony.

"Gat-Gatsby?" She stuttered, her heart beating with exaltation. Tony nodded, his smile beaming to rival the one that had formed on Daisy's face, her eyes crinkling beneath the thick lenses of her glasses. "Everyone will be there, and you my dear, can be the guest of honor, which reminds me of something else, it's this weekend!"

Daisy grinned and spun in the chair of her own accord but Tony stopped the spinning. "Also I've rented a French château, you still need a dress, and I got the rest planned out, oh, and you're off for the rest of the week."

︽︽︽

Daisy peeked out of the curtains of the luxurious mansion that Tony had rented for the weekend, the cobblestoned driveway alight with headlights of the party guests that had begun to arrive early, she turned, looking at the dress splayed across the antique high-back chair next to the floor length mirror. Prior to that moment gazing out of the vast windows her auburn-tinged hair had been curled and swept back, a crystal encrusted headband adding to the era's theme, and though the iconic makeup of the time was dramatic she still kept a natural visage, wearing contacts instead of the black framed glasses.

The silk dressing robe slid easily from her shoulders and with a bounce and a shimmy the dress fell over her body. The design of the flapper dress was straight, loose, and simply constructed with a dropped waist, shoulder straps and a knee-length skirt that hit mid-thigh on Daisy, the beading intricately patterned to almost appear like lace on the blush material, and to her dismay the only way to allow the dress to flow correctly and truly give the correct look she had to conceal her bust within a constricting binder. But all in all, she was satisfied, she quickly touched the curls of her hair and spritzed the rose water perfume before she sealed the door shut and made her way to the music.

"Daisy!" Pepper exclaimed, meeting her at the top of the stairs, the Strawberry blonde dawning a sapphire shade dress herself, "You look fantastic!" The crowd had already grown to an impressive size, Daisy quickly scanned over the people, finding no one of real interest and returned her attention to Pepper as they descended the stairs.

"So do you! I cannot thank you and Tony enough for throwing a party like this with me in mind, it's like one of my biggest childhood dreams." She smiled softly and ushered Daisy away and into the liveliness as her own colleagues called her name. She looked up at the ceiling in awe, the dresses and costumes were all, in their own right, miraculous and convincing.