》be still

"You are cruel," Arielle spat back, resisting the urge to leap to her feet and drive his own staff through his heart, she was still outraged that the Asgardians would leave one of their own to die, the prince no less, and he was experiencing the full extent of her anger.

"I am a king, and that means doing what is best for my kingdom; no matter the expense of other lands." Odin shot back, his grip on Gungnir nothing short of white knuckle as the Elven princess rebutted every word the aged king spoke.

Arielle moved to stand but the guards at either side of her made sure she remained on her knees, but that did not stop the biting hatred that dripped off her voice. "Then I shall make sure you are chained to your gilded throne as I burn your kingdom down."

"Escort this Elvin filth from my sight," Odin's voice bellowed throughout the throne room, his gaze burning into the petite elf that was forced to her knees before him. Two Einherjar guards gripped her biceps, dragging her up from the submissive position she was forced into, but Arielle kept her head high, she was, after all, royalty and surrender was not in her nature.

"Come along." The gruff voice snarled at her ear, a set of fingertips digging into her arms as they pulled her along and out of the throne room. "Where are you taking me?" She demanded, still trying to pull out of their grip, which only caused their dirty nails to dig further into her skin, probably drawing blood with the force they used.

"To the dungeons, where enemies of the crown belong," They both spat, each one adding a lewd obscenity. Arielle resigned to allowing them to carry her down to the belly of the palace, away from the light of day, and more importantly the light of the moon and stars; but she would not stop fighting, and she knew Thor knew that as well.

︽︽︽

Thor stormed past the guards and the council members that stood in the throne room, conversing with Odin in regards to what was to be done to the prisoners they had taken from the war. "Where have you taken her?" He demanded, Odin dismissed the councilmen and turned to the crowned prince, but no emotion was held in the single brown eye.

"To the dungeons where she belongs." He responded calmly, as if it were the most natural place to send a young woman.

"I'll have you know she is not a lowly elf." Thor growled back, his eyes hardening that they had drug Arielle away from him that morning.

"I know that very well my son." Odin said with a smile that say uneasily with his eldest son. And that was apparent by the way Thor's brows furrowed, his hands held out to emphasize his questions. "Then why lock her away?"

"Why do you care what becomes of her?" Thor felt his heart clench, did he love her? Perhaps, but maybe she was an infatuation doomed to past, but she had invaded his thoughts constantly and he knew he cared for the elf. He owed his life to her. "Father, what we need is an alliance between kingdoms, to prevent any further bloodshed and turmoil. She is that opportunity, can you not see that?"

"I forbid it. I will not allow my son to marry an elf." The sneer when he spoke the word elf was venomous, but Thor was prepared to rebuttal, he would not lose her so easily. "It was you who said marriage between royalties should be for political betterment of the people. If I were to do this-"

Odin tapped Gungnir on the ground its sound cutting off the golden prince. "But you are not going to. I have other pressing matters; we will not speak of this again." Enraged Thor stormed from the room, slamming the heavy doors in his wake. His breath ragged and uneven and in a fit his fist collided with a marble pillar, chipping the stone away from the mass and watching as it scattered on the floor, the passing servants not necessarily surprised by the outburst.