1) Make yourself at home

Cisco was trying his best to ignore it, but he couldn't - Caitlin was examining the room with her nose crinkled, placing her suitcase by one of the beds cautiously as if she was worried it might get infected. Still, it was probably better than her looking over her shoulder as she had been doing before they had entered the hotel.

Conclusion - she really didn't like it here and she didn't bother hiding it.

Cisco was just opening his mouth to comment on that; she beat him to speaking.

"Why is our hotel in the part of city which possibly has the highest crime rate again?" she asked bluntly, tossing her hair aside as she spun to squint at him.

"Because, my dear Dr. Snow," Cisco pronounced ceremonially, spreading the curtains at the window, "there is a lovely view."

"Is that the Stark Tower?" Barry asked incredulously, walking to the window and Cisco couldn't help a smug smile.

"The Avengers Tower, my friend."

"So we're in a scary hotel, in a scary neighbourhood, just because there is a good view on some skyscraper?" Cisco covered his chest with his palm, wounded and offended at Caitlin's note - 'some skyscraper'?! "You're joking, Cisco. Not to mention there are probably tens of other hotels that would have the view too."

"Yeah, but those we can't effort. Plus, you know. We might get lucky and run into the Devil of Hell's Kitchen - well, Daredevil, actually."

"I cannot believe you."

Barry's awe turned bitter. "Well, at least someone's still protecting their city."

Sad friend alert! Sad friend alert!

Of course, Cisco should have expected that his note would gain such reaction. With Barry losing his speed due to the fight with Zoom - which was something that might have been caused by the little fact his spine had been fucking broken by the evil speedster - the famous Flash of Central City was wrecked.

They all knew that when Barry had woken up and couldn't even feel his legs, things were really, really bad. They also knew that him walking again now was a freaking miracle and they should thank heavens for that (or the particle accelerator explosion really, because that was how Barry's body had gained the ability to heal impossibly fast, but that would mean thanking Harrison Wells who in fact had been Eobard Thawne in Harrison Wells' body and- yeah).

The point was that while Barry could walk again, the speed just... hadn't come back. He was making real progress - what had started as six heavy slow steps had turned into twenty and then Barry was back on his feet. But the Flash wasn't and Cisco could only imagine how hard that must have been for the hero of Central City.

Hence this whole trip to New York. Changing the scenery, hanging out with friends without their lives being on line and all that.

"Hey, hey, buddy. You're getting better. You're totally getting back in the saddle soon and you're gonna be the coolest again," Cisco reassured him, patting his arm. "I mean, seriously? DD's a vigilante. He's Oliver; dark and brooding, you know the drill. You're a hero."

Cisco could tell Barry didn't quite believe it, but he obviously appreciated the effort and smiled tightly.

"Thank you, Cisco. I hope you're right."

"You bet your Star Wars collection I am. Speaking of Oliver, Felicity recommended a café we should definitely check out. In Hell's Kitchen, actually. How does that sound?"

"Sure, why not. But it will be ridiculously crowded right now. Maybe some small breakfast and walk through the Central Park before?" Catlin offered and really, who would say no to her hopeful eyes?