2) A proper welcome

Just because it's International Woman's Day - you'll see why. We are strong. (Men are too, but ya' know. 8th March and all that ;) )

-.-.-

The time stood still for a second and Cisco wondered if this was how Barry felt when using his speed – everything moving in a slow motion, except Cisco could tell he was moving in turtle speed together with the rest of the world.

The gunman had a white plastic mask on his face, otherwise he was dressed in casual clothes, jeans and a hoodie, just a guy Cisco could meet walking down the street. Except this one was carrying a gun. And the gun was aimed at the ceiling, releasing one more shot, forcing Cisco to curl into himself. Eyeing his surroundings, he could see everyone else doing the same.

And then the man moved his weapon, the barrel of the gun suddenly pointed at Cisco. Cisco's heart stopped for long seconds.

Don't shoot, please, don't shoot-

"You, move away," he rasped, beckoning to Cisco's right and Cisco didn't hesitate, following the order. He got away from the counter.

Barry and Caitlin joined him, but the gunman grabbed Cait's shoulder, yanking her up to and he put the gun to her temple.

Shit, shit, shit-

Caitlin met his horrified gaze, but she inconspicuously shook her head. Do as he asks.

Yeah, easier said than done!

"You, give me all money you have. And you from the back! Get up and come here!" the robber yelled and Cisco automatically turned his head in the direction.

Their original barista, Vera, was standing there, relatively close to a 'staff only' door, phone still in her hand. She cautiously raised her hands in surrender. Did she manage to call for help? Judging by the look on her face, it didn't seem like it.

As she walked closer, Cisco's brain was working 120 percent. He managed to grip Barry's forearm before the not-so-fast-speedster could storm after the gunman with his pathetically working powers; he was also scared shitless for Caitlin and in the back of his mind, the craziest idea of the orange-haired girl being a metahuman, who could somehow predict the future, popped out. Or maybe this 'Matt' had actually called her, because he was a metahuman and saw the robbery happen? That was insane, right? And why would she even send Vera away? Why not hide herself as well, warn everyone...?

"Hey... why don't you put the gun down? No one needs to get hurt-" Vera spoke up in a soothing tone, making Cisco blink is surprise.

He wasn't sure what she was thinking, talking to a guy with a gun, but hey. She had balls, he'd give her that. He just hoped it wouldn't cost anyone their life.

"You think I'm an idiot?!" the gunman snarled at her, his arm wrapping around Caitlin's torso. "She's leverage! Put the phone on the floor."

"Alright, alright-" Vera slowly lowered herself and laid the phone down.

Cisco shot Caitlin an anxious look, feeling Barry at his side vibrating in impatience. Literally vibrating.

"Barry, don't. You're not geared up. In better case you expose yourself, in worse you get shot," Cisco whispered urgently.

"HEY!" the robber yelled. "You're chatty! Want me to shoot her?!"

Cisco's blood ran cold. "No!"

"Hey, hey! Don't hurt her. They are just worried about her!" Vera blurted out, extending her hands in an urgent gesture. Her expression was giving Cisco the impression of her trying to solve the most difficult puzzle in the universe. Then her lips parted. "And I get it, because she's pregnant."