9) Another spandex-clad weirdo

Cisco's POV shifts into someone else's towards the end... YAY? I think you'll like it ;)

-.-.-

Cisco eyed the board with a bit of disgust, banging his head against the table. This whole process was getting out of hand. For some reason, he had been hoping it would be easier now when they had Caitlin with them. And in a way, it was.

But their exhaustion – the mental kind mostly – was rubbing their nerves and not in a good way.

Harry was being snappy, suddenly realizing finding Zoom and killing that son of a bitch – preferably after beating the shit out of him until he would give up the location of Harry's daughter – should be the priority. With Catlin who had nearly got blood in her hair when stitching up Vera, with Barry out of sugar from all that running in the mix and with the process of not getting closer to its solution, the frustration was climbing to a point of insanity.

"Ramon, that noise is really annoying," Harry complained and Cisco just shot him an incredulous look and resumed proceeding in his calming process.

Something hit the back of his head in response; he glanced up only to see a marker rolling away from him, while Harry just took a new one and continued writing equations. Cisco squinted at the man murderously.

Seriously?

It hurt!

"Right. Why don't we take a break? We're being useless. We need coffee. Sugar. Change of scenery. Just... for a while," Barry's hesitant voice echoed in the space, interrupting Cisco's periodic bangs.

"Sure, go have a snack, Baby Flash," Harry snarked, barely looking up from his work, "it's not like we're trying to earn every minute we can so we can move to the really important things..."

Yeah. The pressure of time was not helping either, let's be honest here.

"Alright, a break it is," Caitlin decided before Cisco or Barry could snap back at the other scientist.

"Whatever. Go, pseudoscientists."

Cisco rolled his eyes and shuffled out of the workshop, following his friends, while Harry stubbornly stayed. Cisco was actually grateful for more than one reason – at least he wasn't feeling too guilty for taking a short break, knowing there was still someone working on the solution to their not so little problem.

Oh man, Cisco's brain probably spoke in delta waves constantly now. Stupid synchronizing. He painfully needed something else to do.

"Hey, why don't I check on Vera and Matt, Cisco gets the snacks from his secret stash and you get us some caffeine?"

"Maybe Matt would like a coffee-"

"I'm good," a voice cut off Barry, making them all jump and almost run back the corridor. Cisco clutched at his chest.

"Jesus, man! Don't do that! Just because you have superpowers, you don't get to sneak up on people!"

"Sorry. Just... I heard you. I know you're trying your best. You're sure there's nothing I can do to help? It's... frustrating to just sit here and wait," Matt admitted miserably and Cisco nearly forgave him for scaring the shit out of them.

"Not really. But we need to figure out what do we do when we actually make it. The goggles, I mean. We what, just kidnap the guy from prison?" Cisco questioned, earning three sour looks. "What?"

"Way to improve the mood. Just throw in another problem to solve."

Heavy silence fell and Matt nervously shifted his weight, clearly sorry for figuratively kicking them even lower. Cisco felt the same.