Epilogue: Reborn

Nearly a month had gone since they had parted ways – since Barry had brought them back to Hell's Kitchen. Life was finally getting back to normal; as normal as it could.

Vera returned to work, her cuts healing nicely, some not even leaving a scar behind, though she still took it easy when it came to her lessons – needless to say, with her fists not quite ready to strike, her kicks were turning more and more fabulous.

Matt was... antsy still, but he stopped having that terrible expression on his face whenever Vera was leaving to work in the morning and she knew all too well that he had his ears pricked up to make sure she got to the café safe despite what he was telling her. He started to go out with more vigour than before, desperate to tie any loose ends Fisk's prison break could have left behind.

Sleep was the worst, strangely enough, for both Matt and Vera – the whole Verdevil combo, as Cisco would say and never failed to mention when they called to catch up –, because that was when neither of them had control over their head, like at all. Matt had nightmares, refusing to ask team Flash for a pair glasses, one like Vera was using when she found herself wrapped in an endless spiral of sleep terror. Vera having the goggles helped to ease Matt's guilt, but not his own fears that followed him to the dreamland.

However, they were coming back to their normal.

Rest assured, team Flash wouldn't leave it like that.

Vera was honestly just chilling on the couch for once, skyping her family when the strange bubble appeared in the middle of her living room.

She yelped as the vortex whirled, a man emerging from it. She quickly shot the laptop with a fake smile, saying she needed to go and snapped the device shut.

'I need to go.' Understatement of the fucking year.

And then she recognized the figure, longish hair, a pair of futuristic goggles on his own, a gear that could only belong to a hero, and a goofy smile on the man's face.

"Cisco!" she squeaked, jumping from her seat to give him a hug. He sure didn't protest when she wrapped her hands around him. "You scared the hell out of me. Good look, by the way. A heads-up would be nice though. And is that a freaking portal?! How-"

Cisco laughed as he patted Vera's back in a friendly manner and retreated, waving the strange blue vortex away.

Holy. Shit.

"Is that... are you doing that?!"

Cisco raised one corner of his lips, taking off his goggles so Vera could see the warmth radiating not only from his smile, but also from his brown eyes.

"Funny thing? I have an evil twin. His name is Reverb. Well, was. That's the not so funny part. I visited another Earth – Harry's Earth – and that's where I learned my abilities rullez! Anyway, I got you something," the young scientist announced, casually leaning onto the backrest of the couch.

Vera still had no actual idea how he had got here and what the hell was he talking about. Terri had mentioned the theory of multiverse Cisco had enlightened her in, but what on earth-- Earth two? And last but not least... come again?

"You've got me something?" she parroted, blinking at the overwhelming amount of information, choosing the one subject she could attribute to. "Cisco, you saved my ass, you saved Matt's ass by protecting his identity, you gave us a place to stay, you gave me nightmare's free sleep and you got me something?"

"Oh yeah. 'Cause you saved my ass too. Well, technically Caitlin's, but— I really enjoy making stuff, okay? So. Your ultimate badassery in the café inspired me," he teased her as a new circle of the energy appeared like a window to his workshop and he simply reached through it before turning around. "Close your eyes. Good. And –voilà."