Chapter Eight-Amusement Parks

Long-ish author's note at the end of the chapter J

"I am terribly sorry for the wait, so here are your orders." The waitress courtly said as she half-heartedly put our orders on the table.

"No problem,"

Harry said, and gave her a polite smile. As she left, he sighed and looked up at me quietly sipping on my glass of water. "So tell me, did you have any special feelings for Louis before he joined The X Factor?"

I nearly spit out the water I was drinking and my cheeks turned to a violent shade of red. "W-what are you talking about? Why are you talking about this t-topic all of a sudden?" I stuttered with a nervous chuckle.

Harry rolled his eyes and gave me a mischievous smirk. "You suck at lying, Ellie."

"I-I do not!" I frowned at him. "I was just...the question caught me off guard, you know?"

"Ha-ha," he laughed sarcastically. "That's cute. So how did you two become best friends?"

With a small sigh and grunt, I replied. "I don't really know. I guess, like when we were babies? Louis and I lived in Doncaster all our lives, and our mums were best friends and all the fun things..."

"Do you guys eat together during lunchtime at school?"

"Well yeah. Sometimes when we had different lunch periods, I would eat with my friends, and he would eat with his friends. But most of the time we eat together."

"Were you popular?"

I stared at him. "Must you ask me so many questions? You know, you should've been an interviewer instead of a singer." He didn't reply at my comment; he just looked at me with curious eyes and I made a face at him as I cut the steak into a bite sized piece. "Fine then, don't answer. Anyways to answer your question--no, I was not popular when I was at school. It was usually Louis who was the popular lad. He was the soccer team captain at school, for Christ's sake. True to his own words, I was nerdy and ugly, so I didn't have a lot of friends. Louis had a lot of friends. He was adored by the girls, idolized by the younger students, loved by the teachers, and liked by his friends. There was even a point when--"

"You weren't ugly before." Harry blurted out suddenly as he cut me off. I looked at him and raised a messy eyebrow. When he realized what he had said, he quickly covered his mouth and looked at his plate.

I scoffed to break the tension, even if it was by a little bit. "What makes you think I was not ugly before? Have you seen the old photos of me?"

"W-well, I may have stalked your Facebook a few days ago..." Harry awkwardly laughed as he kept his gaze on the plate.

And at the wrong moment, I laughed.

"What are you laughing at?" Harry said, half-amused by my sudden outburst of laughing.

It was difficult, but after a few more howls of laughter I was able to calm down. And good enough, some on the people surrounding our table gave us weird looks. "You're too funny. Why in the world would you want to look through my Facebook account? It's just a load of shit, you know."

Harry was startled by my choice of words, and he gave me a stern look. "I may be a few months younger than you, but I 'm not very comfortable with the swearing."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever Harry. It's not like you swear too." I took a bite of my steak and smirked at the younger British boy, who just shrugged and raised his eyebrows at me.

"Well if I do swear that would be rather rare of me to do so." he sneered and ate his own share of steak.

"Most boys I know often--HEY!" I cut off myself as I exclaimed to Harry, "Don't change the subject!"