Chapter 17: The show

Noah and Richelle are ready to perform. Finally, they are dating, and life couldn't be better. It's an hour before the showcase, the first one, with many more to come. But there is something special about performing a piece for the first time. The first time anyone gets to see it. This is all that everyone worked so hard for. You don't want to blow it because then critics will decide the show is not worth it and nobody will come to the rest of the shows. A lot is depending on the first show, in any art form. Dance, singing or acting. It doesn't matter. The first show sets an impression, and if you blow it, you will get consequences. Imagine the nerves flowing through the bodies of those two. Their first show ever, they are the lead roles, and this is the start of their professional career. Richelle is noticeably freaking out, which is understandable. You can see the nerves on her face, it's not a pretty sight. Meanwhile, Noah is trying to calm her down, but underneath him soothing Richelle, he is just as nervous. Maybe even more, but he is just more composed, he can close off his emotions better. 

All of the dancers are getting in their costumes, all excited and all ready. Hair and makeup are slowly finishing and the moment is almost there, people are starting to come into the theatre. All piling in to see the new york dance company.  

"Richelle, are you okay, I know that this is nervewracking for you, but I know that you can do it. We are going to go out there and kill it, just like we always wanted to in j-troupe. This is our dream, you are on in a minute, and just know, that I'm here and that it's going to be amazing." Noah tells Richelle and his pep talk is working, Richelle looks way more relaxed. And then it's time, Richelle is rushed to the stage. The curtain is coming up, lights go on and that's the moment. The feeling of the stage when you haven't been on it for so long is amazing. Richelle starts dancing and it's truly amazing. The whole show goes by in a flash, the audience loved it, they were amazed by the dancing and the connection the dancers had on the stage. They will talk about this when they get home, it was truly beautiful.

After the show, Noah pulls Richelle aside. Richelle is beaming with joy, she did amazing and she is really proud of herself right now. All her hard work finally paid off. 

"Could this day get any better?"Richelle asks Noah, not really expecting an answer.

"Well, today can't, today was unforgettable, but I can for sure make tomorrow better. Go and prepare at bella's, for our date. I'll pick you up from there at 7, I'm not telling you what we are doing, but I hope that you'll like it."Noah smirks and walks away, leaving Richelle blushing and flustered. She wonders why he did that. The day could've gotten better, why couldn't he just kiss her! She couldn't wait any longer, if he won't kiss her tomorrow, she'll man up and do it herself, girl power!

While Noah was walking away he was still smiling, of course he wants to kiss Richelle, but he wanted to wait till the date, he planned something and he was sure that she would understand.

Both of them couldn't wait for tomorrow.