Chapter 4

Third person POV

Killua ran through the list of places Rin could be in his mind, checking off the ones he had already searched. But as if Rin was the master of hiding, he couldn't find her. She could be anywhere in the Totoria district, and the fact that this place was the perfect place for someone to be hidden forever didn't calm his pounding heart at all.

'Goddamnit, Rin. Where are you?' Killua raked his hair with his fingers, panic eyes darting every corner of the place he was at.

'I've been searching for all high places I could find.' Killua turned his attention back to the tallest tower in the vicinity to the mountains far beyond.

However, Killua was at a dead end, he couldn't think of a place. They've only been here for a short while, it'll be impossible to know where she could calm her mind off but Killua was far from giving up. If it's something regarding Rin, he never gives up. And so, he thinks...and thinks...until a conclusion came in his mind.

'If she's in that state, then she'll be searching for someplace peaceful--!' Killua's eyes widened and he jerked his head to the mountain northwest from where he was standing.

'That's it!'

********************************

Killua reached the place he had in mind, at least that's what he thought.

In the distance, amid the green of the forested hills was a reflective white strip that could only be the waterfall Rin mentioned. His spirit soared and he set off toward it.

Scanning through the area, his eyes landed on a tall cherry blossom tree

Scanning through the area, his eyes landed on a tall cherry blossom tree. Killua walked up to that tree and his pair of sapphire eyes trailed up to the branches. The branches reach out like a hand to the sky, as beautiful as any new flower.

Killua reached for the tree and placed his palm over its trunk feeling the calloused surface. Rin's words from earlier rang in his mind causing the corner of his lips to twirl up.

'That's right, it'll be nice if the three of us can come here and relax... It's a beautiful tree and if it blooms, I'm pretty sure the flowers will be as pretty as your smile...'

An image of Rin's smiling face flashed in his mind but it disappeared as soon as it appeared, Killua turned his body and was greeted by a strange muffling noise that sounds so familiar.

There had to be someone nearby and Killua put his bet that it's Rin but the girl was nowhere in sight. Where could that voice come from?

Sob. Sob. Sob

Just then, the sobbing noise became louder and Killua had his eyes trailed to the waterfall and widened at the thought in his head.

'No way, it can't be...'

"...Rin?" He said loud enough to compete with the sound of the waterfall. He was thankful that it was just a small waterfall unlike the one he had in mind. But the position where the girl could be probably dropped a bombshell at him.