Chapter 11

Third person POV

Within the humid and dark weather, Killua was walking along the railway. It was suffocating. The dark clouds pressing in as if to crush him into pieces, pressing the point with a sudden flash of lightning, followed by the thunder rumbling like a hungry monster.

The pitter patter of the rain created a shield around him, exposing him to the cold weather. However, Killua seemed to be oblivious of the cold-- or was it that his soul was already frozen he couldn't even feel the dreariness of the rain.

Just then, his hand slipped into his pockets when he could feel something familiar. Removing the item from his pocket, Killua set his gaze on it for a long while.

'Gon's Hunter License...'

His feet stopped moving.

'That reminds me... I first met Gon and Rin at the Hunter Exam.'

An image from when he first met them flashed in his mind recalling the earliest memory he had with them.

'I started talking to them just 'cause they were my age, but they turned out to be as physically capable as me

'I started talking to them just 'cause they were my age, but they turned out to be as physically capable as me.'

Gon seems to be a laid-back kid, but he always sticks to his principles. We're polar opposites.'

'And Rin... You seemed hot-headed and reckless at first, but you were always one step ahead of us.'

'If only you know, your smile is what saved me...'

.

"It's amazing, isn't it? I never thought entering the Hunter Exam can bring me such joy. But you know, meeting you guys, are the greatest!" Rin smiled brightly.
.

'Rin... did you know? It was the same for me too, meeting you guys are the greatest thing that ever happened to me. You guys are the best friends I could ever wish for.'