Chapter 13

Third Person POV

Rin felt the tension and acknowledged the intensity in his tone. There's a great deal of emotion behind those words he spoke. Instead of waiting for a disaster to unfold, she calmed herself and thought of where her usual responses took her at these times.

The dirt beneath her feet shifted as her feet were adjusted, her fist was positioned right above her chest, and posture straightened in a stance she was all too familiar with. That's when the corner of her lips curled upward revealing a crooked smile. The fire in her eyes began to set in their flaming ablaze.

"Then, I'll be in your care, papa!" Her Nen flared golden as her eyes glowed blue and hair shifted blond.

Gozu chuckled at her respond and follow suit.

This time, both Saiyans were in their golden form. And for some reason, nature knew what was about to transpire as the thunder strike once followed by the first strike that obliterated the night sky.

CLASH!

The first clash fade in a blur followed by another and another until the only thing that could be seen were flashes of golden light striking each, accompanied by the thunderclaps and howling wind.

POW!!!

This time, Gozu had a nice grip of Rin's fist as both of them had their eyebrows furrowed. With enough force, Rin repelled her body back and the later did the same. Soaring through the sky, Rin began shooting countless energy beams towards her father. But the man only deflected the beams with one hand.

POW! POW! POW! POW! POW!

Once Rin was out of breath, Gozu flashed behind her and gave a nice blow to her cheeks throwing her back to the ground crashing it in the process, creating a minor earthquake.

"I really need you to take this seriously, Ringo-chan." Gozu had his arms crossed as he was still floating in mid-air.

Raising from the crumbling debris, Rin wiped the blood off her busted lips. 'Papa wasn't joking, he didn't hold back.' Was what Rin thought at first.

However, she knew there's more to it than the first form, just like how she sensed it within grandpa Gozen and Boxer, she knew her father was unconsciously holding back his punches. And that thought made her stomach hurled.

With a scoff, Rin got back on her feet.

"You're telling me I'm not taking this seriously? Hah! I know you have another form! Fight me with everything you got, Papa!" Rin exclaimed pointing her index finger at her father from the ground.

"Oi, oi, you're not scared of dying, aren't you?"

"And who's fault was that?" Rin glared at her father as her feet float above the ground slowly ascending to the sky.

"Ever since you decided to kill yourself, I had been through experiences worse than death..." Flashes of unwanted memories ran through her head only to make her fist tightened. "You really think a little fight with you is gonna scare me!"

Her glare sucked something out of Gozu. He visibly wilted the moment her first clipped word was uttered. For such a feeble girl she once was, boyish in dimensions and stature, her mannerisms brought the temperature down almost instantly.

'Don't waver, Gozu. This is your decision, live up to it.' With closed eyes and tightened fist, Gozu began to speak.

"True, I have many other forms but for this moment..." Gozu stared at his fist and for a brief moment, a small crack appeared.

'This body won't hold out much longer...'