The Miller house pt 2

As I walked down the street I looked at the door numbers, looking for door number 38, Andreas Miller's house.

In my backpack was rope to tie Nico's ankles to the cinder blocks near the lake, disposable gloves and snacks in case I got hungry. I also had the suicide note in my jeans pocket. Some may say I'm crazy, but I'm just a girl who likes to protect what's mine.

35...36...37... and then 38!

His house was so magnificent and I felt so amazing to be outside of the area he lives! I couldn't contain my emotions because if things go well I would be living here with him! Instinctively I pulled out my phone to take pictures for future reference. His nicely decorated exterior was impressive; with the flower garden at the front surrounding the perimeter of the house and his 3 expensive cars along the drive. I looked around the area before making my entrance. Since it was relatively late into the night, all the lights in the house were off except from a room with a dim blue light. From what I could see, it looked like a room too childish to be Mr Miller's so I simply assumed it was his son's. I could see space wall decals which covered the walls of this room so those were essentially the confirmation for me.

The exterior walls of the house were a rough brick material which were easy to climb up, so I did.

When I reached the window, Nico was in his bed and breathing at a normal regular pattern which made it easy for me to notice that he was asleep. I couldn't see his face or facial features however I know for a fact that it wasn't my Andreas. The child looked a little taller than what I had thought so he was probably a bit older but it wasn't a problem in the slightest.

Lucky for me, the window was slightly open so I pulled it out enough for me to be able to fit inside.

I stepped through and then silently landed on two feet in the bedroom of Mr Miller's adopted son.

I walked over to the bed slowly, worried that he might wake up, but he was shifting already.

What do I even do?

All I could do was stand still and hope that he-

"Ugne-Ieva?! What the fuck are you doing here?"

"Nicholas?!" My body was uncontrollably shaking, and I lost the strength I had. I could feel that my face had gone pale and my mind was racing with questions.

"I live here! Why are you so surprised that I'm in my own house? I just want an explanation about what you're doing here at this hour because this is just crazy." He says, surprisingly calm the whole time.

He's not too panicked, because he trusts me. He considers me to be his friend.

But what a fool he truly is.

What do I even say to him in this situation?

Before I could answer, I heard rustling and then somebody knocked on the door, somebody that could only be Mr Miller.

"Nico, are you still awake? Is everything okay?" He asked, being the concerned and nurturing man he is.

Nicholas responded "Yeah dad, everything's fine, don't worry. I'm going  to sleep now!"

I wanted to throw up. I felt lightheaded. I just wanted to leave and just hope that I can just erase this encounter from history. The guilt is overwhelming but I also feel nothing. On one hand, I was close to killing one of my best friends but then again he is going to stand in the way of Mr Miller and I. I needed to decide quickly. Nicholas or Mr Miller?

Before any more words were spoken we waited until we were sure that Mr Miller was back in his room.

"Nicholas you literally never told me that our english teacher was your dad!" I said, hoping that he wasn't still shocked about the whole ordeal.

"Okay I admit that I didn't tell you, but I didn't really think it mattered. Besides, you know that I don't really like being the centre of attention."

"Well yeah, but you should've just trusted me! We're best friends!" We continued to talk for a good 20 minutes until Nicholas suddenly became aware of the situation once again.

"Ugh, Jesus. What am I even thinking. Ugne-Ieva how did you even get here. I know that you have strange tendancies but I never thought that you'd do this on me."

I walked over to the bed wordlessly. I had to act fast because this was my only chance. I acknowledge the fact that Nicholas is my friend, but Mr Miller comes first.

"What the hell are you doing."

I pounced onto him before he could say another word and smothered him with his own pillow. His muffled noises were not loud enough to be heard by his dear father, so nobody was there to save him.

We held eye contact as I put him to eternal rest with a smile on my face.

Well that's one obstacle down.

I had no time to waste - I had to get going. But I couldn't leave without looking around this sacred building.

I used my disposable gloves to plant the suicide note onto the bed, next to Nico's lifeless body.

Idiot. The world will be better off without him, anyway.

I left the room and began to look around. To most people it's a standard home around an average size but to me it was heaven on earth. Things were misplaced and some of the decoration was questionable, to say the least but it's nothing I'm surprised to see. There were framed photos along the length of the corridor of various people who vaguely resembled Mr Miller. After taking the necessary pictures I walked around more until I stumbled across another bedroom. This room was the only one besides the bathroom and main entrance to have a lock installed. I used my gloves to attempt to gently and soundlessly open the door but it was locked.

I peeked through the key hole and it was simply pitch darkness.

If I can't see Mr Miller, there's nothing else for me to do in this house.

Disappointed, I headed back to Nicholas' room and began to act out the next and final part of my plan - disposing of the body. Since Mr Miller's dear Nico was no more, I picked up his body (it was surprisingly heavy) and tossed him out of the same window I used to enter the building. I joined him at the bottom after safety climbing down and I made sure to close the window in a manner which resembled the way it had been before I tampered with it.

Since this was a private residential area I was reassured that no one living nearby would be awake to see me carrying this body in plain sight. On my way to the lake I thought to myself about my plans for Andreas.

Naturally he would be upset for a little while but Nicholas wasn't even his biological child so surely he won't care too much, right? And once I get rid of the body, where do I go from here? I feel nothing after all of this and that's probably not good. I do know however that I feel absolutely nothing except love for Mr Miller.

I was at the lake finally and wasted no time tying the rope in my bag to the cinder blocks which were around the lake's edge to Nicholas' ankles. I stood on the wooden pier which takes me to the middle of the lake and pulled him in and watched him sink.

Goodbye forever, Nicholas.