Chapter 1: Awkward Meetings

I was dreaming about Ghost when all a sudden I'm awakened by my phone's alarm.

" Why do I even have an alarm for the weekend?" I grumble to myself while turning my phone off and getting out of bed. I can hear someone else awake in the house so at least I'm not the only early riser this morning. It's 7:30 and the only person sane enough to wake up this early would be mom. I can hear the coffee pot being turned on as I leave my room and enter the kitchen. 

"Good morning darlin'." My mom says while yawning. 

I smile back in response and grab my favorite cereal and milk. I sit down at the kitchen table and chow down. "Oh yeah," my mom says, "Isn't that concert of yours coming soon?"

I look at the calendar placed on our refrigerator and look for the circled date. " Yeah!" I excitedly said. She comes to me and ruffles my hair, "Kaley's going with ya, isn't she?" I smile and laugh in response, "I hope so since I bought her damn ticket."

"Well, you two be good. Take lots of pictures too, you'll want to remember your first concert forever." She says before leaving me and going to the living room to watch the morning news. I sit there and look at the calendar at the circled date. I sigh and think of what it'll be like, just two nights away. I've gotta contact Kaley and make sure she's coming. 

I decide to take a shower before I call and ask. I pick out a pair of grey skinny jeans, black studded boots, and a MIW T-shirt with my Ghost Jacket. After taking my shower I go into my room and call Kaley. Sometimes she doesn't answer because she's a twat, but that's just how she is. She's always been a wild child, crazier than me. But I gotta love her, no matter what kinda crazy she gets me into. 

She doesn't answer my call but texts me instead

Kaley: Yassss?

Alina: Heyo, are you still wanting to go to the concert with me? Monday night?

Kaley: Duh~ I get to tease you hehe!

Alina: Hushhh, I'm not that obsessed!

Kaley: Sure ya aren't! :3

Alina: Ugh, whatever ya twat. Just don't be too crazy, like you were at IHop. I don't want to be kicked out of my first concert.

Kaley: No promises~~~

Alina: You're a wiener, I gtg to work. Bye!

Kaley: Awh~ Ok, bye-bye.

I sigh and turn off my phone. I don't really have work today, I just wanted to go out and get my mind collected before the concert so I don't end up having a breakdown while meeting Emeritus.  

I tell my mom where I'm going before heading out, as per-usual she tells me to be careful. I tell her I will. I don't take my car because I'd much rather walk and listen to music. Thankfully there's a coffee shop close and the park is just around the corner from there. To me, those two places are life savers along with music. 

I put my Ghost playlist on shuffle and begin my stroll. He Is plays as I enter the coffee shop, I go up an order my usual. A vanilla Frappe with whip cream. I take my seat at the usual corner I sit at and drink away while thinking. By the time I leave 5 songs have played, If You Have Ghosts is playing as I do so.

When I arrive at the park I sit at my usual spot in the park, under a Willow tree close to a pond. I zone out and lose track of time. I hear my phone go off and it's my mother. I answer.

Mom: Hello sweetie, just checking in on ya. Are you aware of the time?

Alina: Oh jeez no, I zoned out at the park. 

I look at the time and I read 8:30. 

Alina: Oh shit! I'm sorry mom. I must have had you worried sick.

I hear her chuckle at the other end and that eases my worry.

Mom: It's alright dear, I've grown used to ya getting lost in space. I figured that's what happened.

Alina: Haha, alright. Well, I'm on my way home now. I should be back in 20 minutes or so.

Mom: Alright deary, stay safe.

Alina: By mom, Love ya.

Mom: Love ya too.

I hang up and look around, I can't believe I didn't notice it get dark. I look around and notice all the fireflies out and about. It's a pretty beautiful night. 

As I walk out of the park I'm way too distracted by the fireflies and the music in my ears. I start humming to Life Eternal. I look up into the sky not realizing I was about to hit someone. As soon as it happens I'm shocked but not surprised at my clumsy behavior. 

I hurriedly get up and apologize to the man I just banged into. 

"No, no it's fine." he says in an accent I vaguely find familiar. "I should have been watching my surroundings." I look at him in the blurry street lighting trying to pinpoint how I know him. I hear him chuckle and see him look me up and down. "Nice jacket." He says. I look down at my jacket and see it's my Ghost one. I was about to thank him when it clicked. I believe my jaw dropped to the floor.

He smirked at me and waved at my dumbfounded face. "I believe I'll be seeing you Monday?" I straightened up and shook my head while saying yes. "Ah, well I looking forward to seeing you again." He grins, "Let's try not to hit each other next time though."

I giggle a bit and look at the time on my phone. "Shit, it's 9:40." I say, "I never thought I'd ever say this to you but, I gotta go." He smiles and tells me he understands. I run off and stammer a goodbye.

Shit, his first impression of me would of course be cliche as hell. 

I run off without realizing he watched me leave, I had a giant blush across my face that I hopped he hadn't noticed.

Once I open the door it's dead silent. Mom's probably in bed by now. I grab something light to eat before getting changed into pajamas. I get into bed and grab my laptop, I click Netflix and put on Pan's Labyrinth. I try to finish it but my eyes are already drifting shut before the ending.

Authors Note: Welp, here's the first chapter. I hope you guys like it. This was a bit of a pain to write because I've been lacking inspiration lately. But please leave comments and stuff, I'd really appreciate feedback! I've never written a Ghost fic before so anything helps really. Thanks for reading! 

I don't know when the next chapter will be out because I've got a job now so bear with me!