Chapter 19: Slasher

Anubis is closer to me now and I think I'm the most nervous I've ever been.

But I won't show it.

I look at Nate, he doesn't look high or drunk but the smirk on his face is one of pure fucking insanity.

As he speaks I feel ice run through my veins.

"So... No bodyguard today, huh?"

He pauses and looks down at Anubis.

"Tch, you got a dog?" He rolls his eyes.

"You couldn't even take care of yourself the last time I'd seen you."

I'm beyond pissed, he has no right.

"I would stay and tell you everything you were incapable of doing but I've got to get home." I say.

He slides in the way of me leaving and that makes Anubis even more pissed.

"Haha, you really think you can leave just like that?" He says, bending down to look into my eyes.

I look down and that's when I realize he's been holding something behind his back.

"What do you want Nate?" I nervously state, trying to mask my nervousness by standing straighter.

"Oooh, nothing much." He says, "Butttt, I do need to do something."

The grin on his face gets bigger as he rushes toward me, pulling out the big knife from behind him.

I gasp and try to run off but before I know it Nate is gripping my arm and Anubis isn't having it.

Anubis barks loudly, an angry bark. Then he charges at Nate and bites his leg.
I sound of pain escapes his lips but he ignores Anubis.

"Do you know how long I've thought about this moment, do you know how much time I had to think of a plan?" He states, sounding and looking madder than before.

"You're fucking psycho!" I shout at him.

"You have no idea." He says.

With that, I feel a sharp pain in my abdomen. I look down and the knife is halfway through and going deeper.
He tugs my hair to make me look at him while he drives it deeper.

"I wasted so much time and your fucking stupid excuse of a boyfriend had to ruin my original plan." He says, "It was going to be way worse than this."

I gasp a little as I feel blood pooling down my shirt and pants. It feels like a lot too. Oh no.

Anubis is still biting him but then he let's go only to charge back but this time getting kicked by Nate.

That's when I start to cry, Anubis let out a horrible sound that I'll never forget.
He's laying motionless a couple of feet away.
He opens his eyes and while growling gets back up.

"Ugh, you just don't quit do you?" He says to Anubis, turning from me. That's when I knee him in the nuts, causing pain to fill through my stomach but also causing pain to go through Nate.
He lets out a groan and falls to his knees.
That's when I queue my chance and knee him in the face, making him fall to his back.
The knife flys about 10 feet away, nearly missing Anubis.

Nate is clutching his face and bleeding from it a bit. Maybe I broke his nose. Good.

I clutch at the stab wound in my abdomen and groan a bit.

That's when I hear a gasp, I had completely forgotten we were in a public place but glad we were.

I look over to a young couple who are rushing over, the wife doesn't seem to like blood.