Chapter 9: Monsters Lurk

It's the next morning and thankfully I got to sleep in. But once I had left my room, I felt something was up. And sure enough my mom and Kaley were chatting away in the living room. Salem on my mom's lap seeming to not have a care in this world.
"Ah, the beasts awoken!" My mom exclaims. "Haha so funny." I say in return. Kaley just looks up at me and laugh, I'm assuming she's laughing at my bed head. Hers is always way worse than mine so she has no room to laugh.
"So, uh. What's going on?" I ask. "I just wanted to hang out with my best friend before her new "friend" takes her away from me!" Kaley says in a semi dramatically exaggerated voice. I laugh, "Ah ok, well in that case I'll go back to bed". She looks at me with a fake angry look and chases after me to my room. "I've got to change if you wanna hang out today pervert!" I laugh as I say this. "Nothing I haven't seen before!" She laughs while wiggling her eyebrows as she leaves my room. I change into black skinnies and Ghost T-shirt. "You may enter now weiner." I yell to Kaley. She hurts through the door and almost falls. She has way to much fucking energy.

While I do my hair she messes about my room. Once I've finished with my hair, I do my eyeliner and say screw it to eyeshadow today.

Once we leave the house and enter my car my phone goes off. I tell Kaley to answer it because I never answer my phone while I drive.
"Helloooo" She says to whoever's on the other side, I told her to put it on speaker and she does.
"Hiii? This doesn't sound like Alina?" I hear the very family voice of Tobias come through. I laugh.
"I made Kaley answer the phone cause I'm driving."
"Driving huh" He says, "then why do you walk everywhere?" He asks.
"Meh, everything within walking distance. Why bother?"
Kaley starts laughing her ass off for some reason.
"What in the bloody hell are you laughing about weiner?" I ask.
"You guys are dorks, perfect for each other!"
She continues to laugh as a giant blush appears across my face. A giant ughhhh escapes my lips.
"Shut up you twat" I say.
"Well, two dorks make better than one I guess." Tobias says, he laughs a little.
"So what are guys up to besides picking on each other?" He asks.
"I dunno" I say, "Kaley was at my house when I woke up and told me we needed to hang out today."
"Only because of him!" She exclaims, "you were obsessed before but this is going to make it worse!" She takes a hurt look.
I hear Tobias laugh, "oh really?" He questions. He sounds amused. At least he's not creeped out.
"Yes!" She almost yells, "she has so much merch, CD's,drawings, eta. Her room is like a Ghost shrine!"
He chuckles, "At least I know she's into me I guess."
"Hardy har har" I say as I pull into a parking lot of a local arcade.
"Give me my goddamn phone twat" I say as I snatch it from her.
"We're at the arcade as of now. I'll text you when we're done here" I say.
"Ah, that's fine!" He says, "you two have fun!"
We both say goodbye and once I hang up Kaley's smiling at me.
"Gosh, tell him you love him too why don't cha?" I lightly punch her before getting out of the car.

We used to hang out here a lot in high school with all the people we thought were our friends. But whatever. Their loss. As we enter the building, I can tell Kaley's getting more excited. Great.
As I pay for our day passes Kaley's already buying a Sundrop. Wonder. More energy.
Playing small arcade games and such always makes me happy. Especially this arcade. Lots of memories flood through my mind as we play our favorite games that have been here for years and new ones we haven't seen.
Kaley tugs at my sleeve and whispers in my ear, "Nate is here!" She whisper yells. I panic inside but I keep it cool outside. I haven't seen Nate in months, I thought I'd finally gotten rid of him.
"Just follow me" I whisper to Kaley as I walk to the towards the girls restroom. Once were in the Kaley looks at me puzzled.
"How's this gunna help us?" She states, "he could be out there waiting. Let's just book it out of here." She has I point. I nod and we walk out hurriedly.
Once were outside Kaley looks at me a bit panicky. "I thought he moved!" She groans. "I thought so too but I guess he's back." I say, "Fucking wonderful."
As we get into my car, I see him walk out of the arcade. Thankfully my windows are tinted so he shouldn't he able to tell it's us.
He looks around, it looks like he's cursing himself. Good, fuck off and leave me alone.
"Let's just save our tickets for the next time we come here." I say to Kaley.
"Alright, can we go somewhere to eat?" She asks.
"Hah sure, where?"
"Little Caesars!
"Hah, pizza it is then" I say.

After getting our pizza and bread sticks we head back to my house to share with my mom.

Once we get back, all is well. Today's been a good day aside from Nate. I need to tell my mom he's back and I need to tell Tobias about this shit. Great.
As we it, the need to tell my mom is just weighing me down. It looks as if Kaley wants to tell her too. I finally decide to tell her.
"Mom?"
"Yes sweetie?" She says. Damn time to ruin her good day.
"N-Nate is back in town..." I say.
She stops what she's doing and looks like she's seen something she can't comprehend.
"Well he better leave you the hell alone or I will, and I cannot stress this enough, fucking get a restraining order."
Kaley chokes on her food, my mom rarely cusses now a days but when she does, you better be scared.

After that talk I take Kaley home and prepare to message Tobias about my past, if he cares to listen.
I play his music as high as my car can on the way home.

Authors Note: I would've made this longer but I'm just so tired right now. Yikes. My irl friend "Kaley" urged me to write the next chapter because she likes to read about herself. Wonderful. Hi Kaley.
But besides all that, thank you so so much for the reads, votes, and whatever else!! Just AAAAA. I never thought I'd ever get this many reads. Honestly I thought this story was going to be shit but I've been proven wrong. Thank you guys so much!!!