Terrible Training | Chapter 3

You pushed your hand out and the barreling arrow stopped immediately in front of you. "Tsk tsk." you smirked as you flicked your middle finger and the arrow spun around and fired back at your opponent. A surge of energy filled your eyes and you immediately ducked, a spear firing right over your head.

"Rude." You growled as you placed your hands on the barrier that sat beside you. A fire soon spread over the wooden cover, lighting it up just enough that it didn't turn to ash but exuded heat all the same. Picking it up from the bottom with one hand, you threw it towards your attackers, knocking both of them over over in order to evade the object.

Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Loki laugh as he leaned against a wall and watched as the battle went down. You smiled but quickly turned your eyes back towards the detained thieves.

Loki had been visiting you almost every day. Whether it was for 10 minutes or for the whole day he always made an effort to come. On the days that he couldn't come treats would appear on your nightstand along with a note explaining why. You both enjoyed discussing the book he had given you and always brought you the next book as soon as you were finished. He was always kind. Even when he was clearly upset he attempted to hide it from you. Although you always knew. He was also very patient as he began to teach you stronger magic because, as he said, your illusions were quote on quote 'pathetic'.

Elroy never came back. He was usually the one who brought you your meals and escorted you from place to place but he never showed up. You weren't sure it if he had quit or died but you were absolutely sure it had something to do with Loki. You asked Loki about Elroy once but he changed the subject without even mentioning his name only proving your theory more so,

But at the moment, you really didn't care.

You threw a dagger right past the thieves making them jump apart and run in opposite directions.

"Good girl (y/n)! Keep em separated." Brian (or Brynjar) cheered you on.

He was the man who usually trained you. He was a large guy and wore battle armor with faded black and red colors. He always had a large ax in his belt that he seemed to take better care of than himself as it shined as bright as the grease covering his nose. You liked Brian. He always stood right outside the field of containment they put you in and instructed you. Up until about a year ago, he would teach you hand to hand combat and how to use various weapons. Then they started pinning you against the captured soldiers in this large piece of land with wooden barriers. You've burned at least eight of them. Nine.

Your eyes shined bright red and orange as you swung the dagger in the face of the thief. He leaned back a little too far and fell. You quickly put your fingers on his temples making him pass out. Dropping the dagger you turned to the last thief in the area and approached him. You enjoyed switching up your weapons during training. He held a spear out and began running towards you.

"Come on, another spear?" You rolled your eyes. "Try to diversify for once."

He lunged forward throwing the spear at you. You learned to the side catching the handle and burning it to ash. He continued to run forward brandishing a large sword in the other hand. You ducked as he sliced it above your head. He went to go the other way but you caught his wrist. You used your elbow and hit his arm making him drop the dagger. Kicking his foot out from under him he grunted as you twisted his arm around his back. "I did try to warn you."

Unfortunately, you didn't see the head of the spear still sitting on the floor. He grasped it bringing it up before cutting your shoulder open with warm blood flowing out. You let go of his arm stumbling back as you grasped at your deep bloody wound.

Loki stood from his hiding spot and take a step forward, furrowing his brow with worry.

You motioned your hand to him in reassurance making him stay back. "I'm alright."