To Escape Asgard | Chapter 4

Before Asgard, before your cell, before... everything... you had never felt the heat before. It always came to you like energy. Whether it was from the sun, or simply a flame you made. It was never hot. Never harmful. Only ever, strength.

That strength felt so distant now.

As of a few hours ago, your skin had begun flaking from your body. The burning heat of the lights digging aggressively into your skin as pain ran rapidly through your mind. Underneath your bed was the only shaded area in your cell. It was the only place where you could keep open your eyes. And even when you tried that, you found nothing but searing agony.

Your body was unintentionally absorbed by the light coming from above. And it was destroying you.

They had never left the lights on for this long. And never at the brightest setting. You could do nothing but hide. You could do nothing but cry beneath the bed. Hiding away from the lights that were slowly but skillfully destroying your body.

Leaving you alone to die in a room as hot as the sun itself.

~~~~~

"Focus it." Loki sat in front of you with his hands held out and a beautiful green light whipping throughout his fingers. "It is more than necessary to understand how to center it into one place."

Your eyes were squeezed shut and you could feel the twinge of light on your fingertips as you attempted to grasp the magic circulating through them.

"Eyes open, my flame," Loki ordered in an exceptionally soothing voice. "Your eyes are a significant part of your magic. You must use them."

Your eyes slowly opened as they glinted brightly in your skull. The crimson light that rushed from them and through your fingers shook and became unstable as the control you once had faltered.

"It's alright, it's alright. Breath, little one."

Loki comforted from the other side of the glass. You took in a long breath, cooling down your eyes just enough to regain control.

"Very nice." He smiled, looking almost proud of you.

"Now what?"

"Begin to separate it from yourself to create your illusion."

"And you're sure?" you questioned with your brow raised. "I don't want to hurt you if something went wrong."

"Nothing will go wrong. I've taught you all you need to know. Just think on it closely and remain focused."

Softening your eyes you remember every step Loki had taught you in the past month. And quickly, you felt something move a bit inside your stomach. Like an odd familiar instinct that was dancing about freely in your mind. For a moment it stumbled, but soon it left you completely as the magic took hold.

"She is beautiful."

Your eyes jumped open at Loki's sudden words. He looked right next to you with fascination in his eyes and you glanced in his direction, There, standing just beside you was another version of yourself. An almost perfect replica. The same long hair and the loose robes with a calm and comforting expression on her face. The only difference between you and her at the moment was her eyes refused to glow.

"After only a month," Loki repeated excitedly and with much prove in his voice. "Think of movement, my dear. Anything. Just allow her to move."

It was almost like watching yourself in a mirror. You smiled, you smiled. You waved, you waved. You could see everything she was seeing and you began to control her telepathically.

She walked around the room a bit. Waved her arms around trying to sit down. She wasn't capable of creating anything with magic. But it didn't matter. You were captivated by the sight as it seemed like you broke your mind in half and she was doing what one side said.