Chapter 13

"You? Wearing a dress? Pinch me I must be dreaming." Tony roared with laughter as he walked you back to your room. "Ow!" He exclaimed as you pinched his arm smirking to yourself.

"Why is everyone so surprised by this? Yes, I am," He was about to say something else but you put your finger to his lips. "And yes, I am wearing heels too."

"And you're letting Barton and Agent Romanoff do it?"

"It was part of the deal. They get to dress me up, I get extra pancakes. How could I refuse?"

"Well was it worth it?"

"Yeah they were amazing but that's not the point. My point in all of this is I need money for a dress they are supposed to get me."

"Oh, he already bought it."

"He did what now?"

"He bought it the night he got back from the mission. Said he and Agent Romanoff had their eyes on it for you for a while."

"So you've seen it?" You asked perkier than before. "What does it look like? Please tell me it's not purple."

"Yeah, actually it's bright purple with feathers layered across the whole thing. You'll stand out for sure."

You rolled your eyes stepping in front of him stopping him in his tracks. "Can you be serious for one second?"

Tony laughed at you. "You're in good hands, fire princess. Boyfriends gonna have to fight to keep the other dudes away from you." You frowned at him making him only laugh harder. "Would it make you feel better if I told you Pepper approved of it?"

You exhaled relieved. "Yeah actually." You rubbed the back of your neck relaxing a bit more.

It's the night of the press conference than a party to announce Loki as an avenger. And while you were excited for him, you wouldn't call yourself ecstatic for the social aspects. You can't qualify yourself as a social butterfly. You were trapped in a cage for years so no one expected you to be. But you were going with Loki. And people were going to talk and see what he was like. So it was your job to be there and help him prove these people wrong. Without revealing your powers because you're still a secret technically.

Oh, what a stressful night this will be.

"Peppers going to be there tonight right?"

"As the CEO of Stark Industries, it's my job to coordinate all these things." Pepper said walking up from behind.

"And to fix Tony's mistakes." You giggled.

Tony shot you a glare before brightening up as Pepper got closer. "Miss Potts! Glad to see you could take time out of your busy schedule to come to see us!" Tony exclaimed gleefully.

She rolled her eyes before kissing Tony. "Someone's gotta make sure the party doesn't fall apart." She looked at you smiling brightly. "Don't worry your dress is beautiful. I helped them pick it out. All eyes are gonna be on you."

"That's the last thing I want." You chuckled nervously. "Because going with the God doesn't give me enough attention."

"Did he ask you yet?" Pepper asked taking away the tablet from Tony.

You rolled your eyes at the question. "Just like I told Clint, he doesn't have to. Going together was given."

"If he doesn't, I say we should say you're my daughter just to throw off the press and to make Reindeer games jealous," Tony said finally contributing to the conversation.

"No." Pepper answered annoyed at him. She grabbed him by the collar and tried to take him away.

"What? Hey, what?" He asked pulling himself away from her. "Daughter of Tony Stark? Every guy wants a piece of you without the title but with the title, I'll have to fight them off with my suit."