Chapter 7

The sun beat down on you at the early hours of the morning. With it touching your skin you curled into yourself and pulled the sheets around off the side of the bed. You attempted to keep your eyes closed because you were almost convinced that if you did so, you could continue sleeping. And even if that logic was flawed it had been too long since you had slept this well.

But then your mind started to race. Where was Loki? What happened last night? Was Clint still ok? Did Tony still have that leftover pizza? All of them important questions you needed to be answered right away.

As tried to convince yourself to open your eyes you began to feel something move amongst your sheets. Your body instantly tensed up. It wasn't a person, the weight on the bed would have shifted more. It wasn't an android because you specifically asked Tony not to let any more of those into your room. And you were pretty sure it wasn't that stuffed dog that you had sitting in the corner of your room.

Against your better instincts, you moved your leg towards the movement and met something smooth and thick. Which didn't answer many questions honestly. Taking a deep breath you opened your eyes just enough to see what it was. Your eyes instantly made contact with the creature. It was a snake. "Holy sh-" You rolled backward off the bed dragging all the sheets with you landing face first on the floor. "Ow."

'Are you alright miss? Your heart rate just increased by 41.9%. Shall I inform Mr. Stark?"

Jarvis's voice said from above you. You didn't pay attention to him. You slowly sat up on your knees and leaned over the edge of your bed. The snake had green scales with gold and silver scattered and mixed in all over its body. The eyes were almost a glowing green that made him seem magical. It didn't seem scared or confused but had a hint of amusement in its eye. One that you instantly recognized. "Loki?" You asked cautiously. It brought its head up and nodded slightly.

'(y/n)? Miss are you alright?'

"Yeah, yeah J I'm fine. Just fell off the bed." You lied not breaking eye contact with Loki. "I'm about to get ready. Cut off all surveillance of me Tony has set up for the time being."

'Yes, miss.'

You sat back down on the bed looking down at the smooth serpent. "You know you could have just knocked." You said blatantly. He came closer to you with amusement still there. He looked at you as if he thought scaring the hell out of you was somehow hilarious. "Well, What did you expect me to do? Give you a cup of tea?"

He got closer to your arm slowly caressing against it. "Your first day here and you already broke into my room." You flicked the nose of the snake. He began wrapping around your left arm slowly making his way up towards your shoulder. "Lokes stop it." You said sternly. He ignored you and continued to move upwards. His scales were smooth. Almost mystifying as they glider against your skin. He made with way towards your neck with the rest of his body still wrapped around your arm. He went around your neck and his head came around to look at you. "Hello, Loki." You smiled softly. His tongue came out and tickled your nose making you giggle.

The head of the snake came and pressed itself against your forehead. His magic always seemed to calm you as a rush of coolness went throughout your entire body. He pulled away and nodded his head as if what he was doing was finished. "I'm okay? Not damaged anymore?" He nodded his head patiently.

"I like snake you." You itched under his chin. His pink tongue went along his snout then onto yours tickling you. "Alright time to get off slippery one. I've got to get ready." His eyes squinted at you as if to say he wasn't moving. "Off." You never knew snakes could roll their eyes till now. He slowly slid down your arm and back onto the bed. He curled himself into a ball but still watched you as you stood up and walked over to your dresser.