Can I Get Your Number?

1.

"Why are we eating here?" Alec asked. "We could have eaten close to the station."

"I, uh, I like this place." Jace said, grinning.

Not long after they sat down, a cute brunet was standing by their table. He caught Jace's eyes and blushed.

"Hi, I'm Simon and I'll be your waiter." He said, pushing his glasses up with his pen. "What can I get you?"

Jace stared.

It wasn't as if this was the first time he was seeing Simon. But every time he did, the air in his lungs disappeared and he couldn't remember how to breathe.

If it wasn't his hair, it was his clothes or his tattoos or his piercings. Today, he had rolled the sleeves of his shirt, showing off the tattoos on his forearms.

"Jace?" Alec called him and he blinked quickly.

"Uh, yeah...the usual, Simon. Thanks." He said, trying not to stammer. He could feel his cheeks heat up and avoided looking at his best friend.

"I'll be right back." Simon said, winking at him and leaving.

"Him? Really?" Alec asked, his tone incredulous. Jace rolled his eyes and looked at him.

"What's wrong with him?" Jace asked defensively. "He's cute."

"So what exactly is your plan?" Alec asked. "Come here and stare at him like some creep till he calls the police?"

"I am the police." Jace smirked and Alec shook his head.

"Oh my God." Alec took out his phone. "You are insane."

Jace rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

Simon came back a few minutes later and served them their food. "Enjoy your meal." He said, before he left.

"I'm thinking of asking him out." Jace said.

"No shit." Alec said sarcastically.

"Be nice, you ass." Jace said. "I really like him."

"What do you know about him?" Alec said. "Why do you like him?"

Jace grinned. "Oh I know a lot. His name is Simon Lewis. He lives in Brooklyn. He's 24 years old. Graduated from NYU a year ago. He sings at Hunters' Moon and he's hot."

"I don't want to know how you know all that." Alec asked.

"Best you don't ask." Jace nodded, eating slowly. He had met Simon at the bar a few weeks ago, when he went out for Maia's birthday. Simon had performed a song for Maia as a present. After watching him perform, Jace was hooked.

He wanted him.

"Can I get you anything else?" Simon asked as he came to clear the table and give them the bill.

"Just your number, thanks." Jace said, smiling his winning smile. Alec groaned at the lame line. But Jace didn't care because the Simon laughed.

"Nice try, blondie." He said, his eyes dancing with amusement. "No seriously, my shift is almost over."

"We're fine, Simon." Alec said. Simon smiled and left.

"You're pathetic." Alec said when Simon left. "Magnus is going to love this."

"Of course he will." Jace said dryly his eyes still on Simon as he walked away.

"Can we leave now?" Alec said taking his out his wallet to pay.

Jace looked over to the door Simon disappeared through. He sighed when Simon didn't come out. "Yeah. Let's go."

Alec smiled. "It's cute that you are interested in someone enough to waste taxpayers funds stalking them."