JH *hearts* SL

Simon looked up from his laptop as he heard voices, then the sound of the door to his apartment slamming open. His eyes widened as he saw his boyfriend stumble inside with Alec holding on to him.

"Do I wanna know?" he asked, standing up and reaching for Jace. The blond grinned at him sloppily.

"Simon! You-You would not believe-believe I d-did today!" he said loudly and Simon wrinkled his nose at the stench of alcohol oh his breath. He arched an eyebrow at Alec who rolled his eyes.

"Don't ask me." Alec said. "It was all his idea. I can't stay. Magnus is passed out in the car and I've gotta take him home."

"Wait!" Simon called out. "What happened?"

Alec grinned. "You'll have to ask him."

Simon shook his head and turned to see Jace struggling with his jacket. His boyfriend looked adorable as he concentrated on taking off his jacket.

"How did this happen?" Simon asked as he knelt in front of Jace, helping him. "You never get drunk."

"I had to. You know I hate pain." Jace muttered as he bent over to take off his shoes. He grinned dopily at Simon and pressed a sloppy kiss on his cheek. "Trust me you're gonna love it."

Simon smiled bemusedly at the happy drunk on his couch. "OK, what did you do?"

Jace struggled to take off his tshirt, almost falling on top of Simon. "I'll show you." He said, his voice muffled by his shirt.

Simon helped him with the shirt, still confused. This was the first time since they started dating that he had seen Jace drunk and he didn't know what to do.

Soon Jace was shirtless and Simon saw it.

On the left side of Jace's chest was...a tattoo. The skin was red and looked painful, but it was there. It wasn't too big. It was a series of letters and a heart...

JH *hearts* SL

Simon found himself grinning. "You-You got a tattoo!" Jace grinned back, nodding his head.

"I did. It hurt like hell, but it was totally worth it." Jace said. "I wanted it to be a surprise so I got Alec and Bane to go with me."

"And you got drunk." Simon said, his hands tracing the skin around the tattoo. "You never get drunk."

"I know! I feel weird. I haven't been this drunk since I was fourteen." Jace said seriously. "I  got drunk  so I wouldn't cry. But I think I did a little. Alec thought it was funny. Magnus was nice to me. But he was already wasted."

Simon laughed.  "I can't believe you were able to get Magnus drunk. I have never managed that."

"That's because you are a lightweight." Jace said seriously. "You pass out after three beers."

"Three and a half." Simon said automatically. Then he smiled as he studied the tattoo again. ""You should have told me. I should have been there for your first tattoo. Not Alec and Magnus."

"But I wanted it to be a surprise." Jace said, his smile dimming. "I wanted-wanted to surprise you."

"I am surprised." Simon said quickly. Jace looked like he was going to cry. "I love it. It's pretty."

"Pretty?!" Jace looked so offended, Simon chuckled and leaned in to kiss him.

"I love it." Simon said. "Think I should get one like that?"

Jace grinned again. "Can I come with you?"

"Of course." Simon said, moving to sit next to the blond. He wrapped his arm around Jace, his fingers playing with his hair. "What made you think about it?"

"The tattoo?" Jace murmured. "Nothing. I love you. And I really wanted a tattoo."

Simon grinned gleefully. He loved it when Jace told him he loved him. He'd never get tired of hearing it. "I love you too, JH."