Chapter Seven - Trip

One month later
12th June, 2019

Neha and Upasana's summer vacation started. And they planned for a short trip to Nainital.

Neha walked into Upasana's room and found she was packing her bag.

"You are still packing you bag. Hurry up.", Neha sat on the bed next to Upasana's bag.

"What's this?", Neha asked as she peeped inside the bag. "Where are clothes?", she asked, "All I can see is emergency lights, first aid box and lots of food!!", she looked at Upasana who quickly zipped her bag.

"All these are important. You are taking clothes na. We'll manage in that.", Upasana told.

"Means you are only taking lots of junk food?"

"No, healthy foods are there also.", Upasana said.

"Really? Then let me check?", Neha tried to unzipped the bag but Upasana literally snatched the bag and kept that aside.

"Don't you trust me?", Upasana asked dramatically.

"Don't throw these filmy dialogues."

Upasana laughed and threw a flying kiss to Neha. Neha made a poker face and said, "I'm not gonna share my clothes with you."

"Please..", Upasana yawned.

"No..", Neha walked out from the room.

* * * * *

15th June, 2019

That was the day two in Nainital of them. The two girls just came back from today's trip. They were staying in a tent, not only them the whole team under their tour guide were staying in tents. "See you tomorrow Nisha. Bye", Neha said to the girl - Nisha - who was in their group. She walked into the tent and saw Upasana was drinking tea.

"Hey Ups!!", Neha sat on the saddles.

"Do you want tea?"

"Uhu", Neha nodded her head negatively.

She took her phone as said, "Yaar network sucks here."

It was really difficult for her because Miss. Neha couldn't live a day without checking her social media accounts.

"Thank God. Because of this at least you get some time for me also. Kuch dino ke liye hi sahi.", Upasana commented. Neha kept her phone aside and laid her back against the saddle.

They were sitting quietly when suddenly Neha stood straight and said, "Let's talk about something"

"Talk about what?", Upasana asked.

"Ummm ghost stories!!", there was a smirk on her lips.

"No way!!", Upasana nodded her head negatively. "Why are you planning to kill me? I came here to enjoy. Not to loose my one and only life.", Upasana said.

"Everyone has one life. Who has twice or trice? And please you're not gonna die after listening to a story.", Neha said.

"It's not that scary right?", Upasana asked in a hesitation.

"No no. It'll be fun.", Neha said though she knew that it would be fun for her only not for Upasana because she had a great fear of ghosts.

"So can I start?", Neha asked.

"You left no choice for me."

They sat properly in front of each other and Neha started.

"You know Megha right?", Neha asked.

"Yeah I know her.", Upasana said with a smile.

Neha rolled her eyes and continued, "So in her house at the downstairs there is a room. She said that she felt something supernatural in that room. It's not like that things fall automatically there or things fly in the air. But you can feel a negative energy there and that something is not normal in that room."

Upasana asked, "Is it real or just a story?"

"Of course it's real I'm not joking. I also went to the room for several times. But whenever we went there were so many people around. Megha said you can feel that when you'll be alone or two or three people. So, one day at night she and her mother were sleeping in that room. She didn't know the exact time, her mother was already asleep but she was still awake doing WhatsApp in her phone. Then she kept her phone aside and closed her eyes. She was trying to sleep when she felt that a hot breath was touching her left cheek. That was not her mother's because she was on her right side. She also could feel her mother's breath on her shoulder. Two hot breaths were touching her at a same time. But there was no one else in the room. So, from where the second breath was coming? She wanted to open her eyes and call her mother but she couldn't. Then something else happened.", Neha stopped.

"W...what...happened?", Upasana asked in a shaky voice.

"She felt a touch. A fingertip was pressing softly on her forehead. At that moment she sat up on the bed in a jerk. She was covered with sweat. She looked all around but no one was there."
Upasana was staring with wide eyes. It was so clear that she was scared.

"Then she never went to that room after evening.", Neha told.

"She is alive, right?", Upasana asked.

Neha chuckled and said, "Of course she is alive."

"No if I would there at her place, I would definitely die.", Upasana said making Neha laugh. And then someone coughed. Neha stopped laughing, Upasana looked at her. Someone again coughed. Upasana gripped Neha's hand. The sound was coming from the outside of the tent.

"What was that?", Upasana asked in a shaky voice.

"I'm sure someone is trying to scare us from the other tent. Let me check.", Neha tried to stand up but Upasana stopped her by her hand.

"No, you don't have to go. Don't go."

"Yaar let me check at least."

"What if there's a ghost outside?", Upasana asked.

"Yah right and the ghost is asking for a permission to come in. Don't be stupid. Let me check.", Neha stood up, unzipped the tent and went outside. Upasana was sitting quietly, chanting some God's name.

After a second she heard a scream of Neha. And Upasana's head jerked to the unzipped door of the tent.

"Neha!!!", she shouted. "Told you to not go. Told you but you never listen to me.", she almost started crying. She took out an another emergency light and slowly stood up. She went two step closer and someone came inside.

"Upaa.."

"Ahhhh!!!", she screamed.

"It's me, just me. Why are you screaming?"

Upasana opened her eyes and found Neha in front of her.

"Neha. You are alive. Thank God. I thought I lost my friend. You are fine right? Should I bring the first aid box?", Upasana panicked.

"I'm fine. Nothing happened.", Neha told.

"Then why did you shout?"

"Because of this.", Neha turned around and someone came out from her behind.

DARSHAN.

Upasana's mouth hung up.
"You? What are you doing here?", she asked.

"Hey!", Darshan didn't answer her question. He want and sat on the saddles. Upasana looked at Neha and gave her a Why - The - Hell - He - Is - Here look. Neha blinked and gave a Clam - Down look.

"Actually I have a concert here tomorrow. That's why I'm here.", Darshan said.

"Really? Where you gonna perform, on the top of the hills?", Upasana got so much irritated to find him here because she wanted to spend some time alone with her best friend.