Chapter Sixteen - Drunkhead

"Stoooppp!! Stop the car!!", Neha shouted.

Darshan stopped the car in a jolt and asked, "What happened?"

Neha didn't reply anything. Her hands went to the seat belt and she tried to unbuckle that. But she couldn't.

"Kholo isse.", she cried.

"Wait.", Darshan said and leaned to her. She was still struggling with the seat belt.

"I said wait. I'm opening it.", Darshan said looking at her and she removed her hands.

Darshan unbuckled the seat belt then looked at Neha who was already looking at him. Their face was a inches apart. They kept looking at each other for a while then Neha turned her face away. She opened the door to get down but Darshan stopped her by her hand.

"Where are you going?", he asked.

"They are calling me.", Neha said.

"Who?", Darshan narrowed his
eye brows.

"Yea behti samundar, khula asmaan or yeh timtimate tare, yeh sab mujhe bula rahe hai.", she said blankly, freed her hand and ran out.

"What??? Neh....", Darshan stopped and looked at Upasana.

"Upasana look what she is doing. Stop her.", he said to Upasana who's eyes were closed till now.

She opened her eyes, looked at him and said, "Sab moh maya hai. Yeh sab likha hua hai. Ab Jo likha hua hai wo toh hoga hi.."

"What?", Darshan slapped his forehead in disgust.

"I'm stuck here between two drunk girls. Is there anything else I have to witness today?", he asked in disappointment looking up to the sky as if it was a question to the god.

"Neha...", he opened the door next and ran behind Neha.

Darshan ran to her and grabbed her by her waist from behind.

"Leave me...leave me...", Neha started yawning like a baby. She expanded her arms forward and started struggling between Darshan's arms.

"No I won't. You are totally drunk. You can't even stand properly. You'll fall.", he said.

Neha looked back at him and said in a low voice, ''Then you'll hold me."

Darshan looked into her eyes too and answered, "I'm holding you now. And will always do."

And another eyes locked again. But this time also Neha looked away.

"But I want to go. Leave me.", she tried hard to free herself from his grip. But she couldn't because of course he was stronger than her.

"What do you eat dude?", Neha asked in annoyance.

"Ghass - fhuss!!", Darshan answered in sarcasm.

"Please let me go once.", she said with a cute face.

"No!", he smiles widely.

Neha stamped her feet on the sand and said, "Okay. Fine!"

"I'm tired. Let's just sit down.", she said calmly.

"You won't run, promise!"

"Promise. Now please leave me Mr....", she tried to think.

"Raval!", Darshan told.

"Yes Raval. Mr. Raval!!"

"Okay", Darshan left her waist and they sat on the sand next to each other. The cool wind touched their faces. Neha closed her eyes and took a deep breath, then looked at the sky.

"Neele Neele amdar par chand jab aye...", Neha started singing loudly.

Darshan laughed softly while listening to her. After singing two lines she stopped and said, "Wait. Chand jab aata hai tab ambar neela nehi kaala rehta hai. So the song should be
'Kaale Kaale ambar par chand jab aye..", she sang.

"Wow you are so intelligent. No one  ever thought in that way.", Darshan joked and laughed.

"I know I know that I'm very intelligent.", Neha said with a proud smile.

"I'm so glad that I have a friend like you who's so intelligent.", He added.

Neha looked at him and uttered, "We are not friends anymore."

Darshan also looked at her.

"You will change soon. You'll not call me now. You'll not crack the lame jokes now. You'll not come to my house suddenly now. You'll not give me the surprises now.", she said.

"Why?", Darshan asked confusingly.

Neha smiled and said, "You know the reason better than me Darshan."

She again looked up to the sky.
Darshan nodded his head and said, "You're blabbering rubbish because of the hangover."

"Because you found someone else now.", Neha whispered underneath her breath.

"This view is so beautiful.", Darshan commented while looking at the sky.

"It is.", Neha said looking at his face. Her view was a dream to her, which looked heavenly.

"It's so peaceful. I love it!", Darshan said with a smile.

She kept staring at hid beautiful face, and the hair dancing with the wind now. She so wanted to ruffle that hair. And the smile of her face never left.

"And I love you.", she whispered.

Darshan looked at her immediately. "Did you say something??"

Neha stopped smiling, looked away and said, "I said....that...I...I love it too."

She threw her hands in the air and said, "It's so.....beautiful!!"

Darshan lowered his head and smiled.
And Neha took that chance. She got up and again ran to the sea.

Darshan's head jerked to her and he said, "I knew it. Neha..!!"

He stood up, ran behind her and again stopped her from behind.

"Ahann...!!", Neha cried. "Why are you so fast??", she added.

"Cheater, you promised me
that you won't run.", Darshan said.

"And promises are ment to break Mr. Raval.", Neha said with a smile. Darshan smiled too. Then Neha stood straight, placed her hand on her mouth, and at the next moment she bent forward to puke on the sand.

"Shit! Careful!!", Darshan held her hairs from behind that they won't come to her face. He rubbed her back slowly. She stood up straight and took a deep breath.

"Are you fine?", he asked with concern.

"I think I'm pregnant!", Neha said simply.

"Huh?", the sound only came from his mouth.

"It's all because of you.", she again said slowly punching on his chest.

"Wait what?", he asked.

Neha closed her eyes and started bending towards him.

"Dekho yea sab arop mujh par mat lagao.", Darshan said seriously. "Neha...Neha?"

Neha placed her head on his chest and passed out.  Darshan looked down, smiled and pulled her in his arms. He walked to the car, laid Neha down to the next seat of the driver's.  He removed some hair from her face, smiled and closed the door.