Chapter Ten - A Date?

3rd July

'Are you free tomorrow?'

Darshan's message popped up on the phone screen. Neha took the phone and replied,
'Yes, I'm free. Why?'

She laid her back against the couch and waited for the reply. After five seconds her phone beeped.

'Then we can go for a dinner tomorrow.'

Neha sat straight on the couch after reading the message. She typed, 'Dinner?' and pressed the send button.

'Yes, dinner. You & Me'

Neha read the next message of his. She bit her lower lip and replied, 'Okay'

She kept the phone on the side table and leaned forward, placing her elbows on her thais. She was biting her thumb nail and the smile never left her lips.

"Why are you smiling like this?", Neha raised her head up and found Upasana near the door, joining her hands near her chest.

"Darshan asked me to go for a dinner with him tomorrow.", Neha said still biting her nail.

"What?", Upasana lowered her hands and stepped forward. Neha slowly nodded.

"Oh My God!! He asked you for a date!!", Upasana screamed softly.

"Not a date. It's a dinner", Neha informed.

"Idiot. Dinner Date!", Upasana said with a smile. Neha lowered her head and said nothing. "Why are you not jumping?", She asked with a chuckle.

"Because I still can't digest the thing that he asked me for a date.", Neha said and looked at her best friend.

"Told you he likes you", Upasana sat next to Neha and continued, "I think he's gonna tell you tomorrow."

"Tell what?", Neha asked.

"Of course that he likes you.", Upasana said with a wide smile.

"Please Ha.", Neha laughed.

"Dekh Lena. Now let's go.", Upasana stood up and pulled Neha by her hand.

"Where?", she asked while standing up.

"It's your first ever date. You have to look beautiful. I'm gonna choose the dress for you."

Seemed Upasana was more excited for her best friend's date then herself.

* * *

4th July

"Which one this or this?", Neha asked while showing Upasana two lipsticks.

"Umm none of them. Wear the nude one.", Upasana told her. Neha put the lipsticks down and took the nude pink shaded lipstick.

"Okey?", Neha asked after applying that.

"Perfect!!", Upasana smiled.

Neha was looking beautiful in the sky blue knee - length dress. Upasana looked at her and said, "Something is missing."

Neha turned to the mirror and checked her from head to toe. Nothing was missing. Earrings - done. Bracelet - done. Hair - done. Shoes - done.

"Everything is toh there. Then what is missing?", she asked looking back to her.

"Your smile.", Upasana exclaimed coming closer to her. "The most beautiful thing. Where do you left that? That's the only thing which never leaves you, then where is that now??", Upasana asked. Neha didn't say anything. "Are you nervous?", she asked again. Neha took a deep breath and nodded slowly.