Chapter Nine - Just Pretend

Days passed, Neha and Upasana came back to Delhi from Nainital. Darshan also came back after his concert to Mumbai. They became good friends, or you can say Neha and Darshan became good friends. Upasana also talked to him, but not that close as Neha.

After 3 weeks
2nd July, 2019

The time was may be around 10:30 pm. Upasana and Neha were studying in Upasana's room.

Neha said, "Done. I can't study anymore." She closed her books and ran the fingers through her hair. Upasana once looked at her then again continued reading.

"Do you want some coffee?", Neha asked while standing up from the bed.

"Nop!", Upasana murmured.

Neha walked into the kitchen and made a cup of coffee for herself. She came to the room and sat on the bed again.

She took her phone and started scrolling down her Instagram account. After a while she saw something and jerked her head that the coffee was about to spill on her T-shirt.

"What happened?", Upasana asked immediately.

Neha gulped the coffee and said, "Darshan is coming to Delhi."

"Again? Why? Doesn't he has any work?", Upasana looked at her book again.

Neha didn't reply. She scrolled more and said, "No. He is already in Delhi."
She stood up and said, "Get ready!"

"What?", Upasana was totally confused.

"Get ready I don't have much time.", Neha said and went to her room. Upasana sighed and changed her clothes.

Neha came back after changing her dress.

"Can I even ask where the hell are we going?", Upasana asked. Neha took her phone, bag and said, "StarBucks"

"For what?", Upasana tied her hairs in a ponytail.

"Of course for meeting Darshan. He posted a story that he is in starbucks right now."

"What kind of madness this is Neha?", Upasana asked while placing her hands on her hips. "It's 11:15 right now.", she added.

"It's not madness. It's love my dear.", Neha said plastering a decent smile oh her face.

"And your love will destroy you one day.", Upasana spoke.

"I have been already destroyed in his love.", Neha said dramatically.

"Fuck your dialogues.", Upasana said in disdain. Neha laughed and dragged Upasana out of the apartment.

* * * * *

"Look don't say anything in front of him. Don't let him know that we came to meet him. Pretend that we just came to have some coffee. Okey?", Neha was explaining everything to Upasana in the car.

"No no. I'll jump in front of him and tell him that, look Darshan Neha ran here as she came to know that you are in Delhi and in the Starbucks. We didn't come to have coffee at...", she looked at her wrist watch, "...11:39 of the night. Of course not. Look how crazy she is in your love. So please marry her.", Upasana stopped.

"Shut up Upa", Neha rolled her eyes.

"Yes that's what I do all the time when he is around. Shut my mouth and let you guys talk.", Upasana snapped.

"Accha sorry. Today you'll talk to him okay?"

"No I don't want to", she stopped the car in front of the Starbucks. They got down from the car and walked into. Neha took two deep breaths and pushed the glass door.

"Where is he?", Upasana whispered.

"There!", Neha pointed to a corner. Darshan was sitting there, looking at his phone.

There was hardly two or three people in the Starbucks.

"So now go to your Mr. Rockstar Raval!!", Upasana said.

"We can't. Remember, we have to pretend that.."

"Yes I know!!"

They walked to a table which was two seats behind to Darshan. So that he could notice then easily. Neha dragged the chair and sat down. Upasana sighed and sat in front of her. They had already been placed their order.

"For how long we're going to sit like this to only grab his attention?", Upasana asked in a low voice.

"We just toh came. Wait he'll notice us for sure.", Neha blinked.

"God knows what else I have to do for you.", Upasana nodded her head.

"I love you Ups!!", Neha smiled and gave a flying kiss to her.

"Stop buttering me. It'll not work.", Upasana rolled her eyes.

"Ma'am your coffee!", a young lady came and placed their coffee on the table.

"Thank you", Neha smiled at the lady.

"He looked at us!!", Upasana said quickly.

"What? He did. Yesss!!", Neha smiled widely. "Don't look at him Ups, don't!", she added as she saw Upasana looked at him. Darshan was sitting behind of Neha that's why she couldn't see him. She was smiling like hell right now.

Darshan stood up from his seat and walked to them with his cold coffee.

"Hey!", the very familiar, heavy and beautiful voice came. He first looked at Upasana then at Neha. Neha slowly turned her face to him and dragged her lips into a smile.

"Hi Darshan!!", Upasana said with a smile. She was happy because finally Darshan came to them.

Darshan sat next to Neha. "What are you guys doing here at so late?", he asked.

"What do you think, we came here to meet you?", Upasana asked. Neha gave her a death glance.

Upasana smiled and said, "Of course not na. We just came to have a cup of coffee." She sipped her coffee.

"Actually we get stressed because of our studies, assignments and all these things. So we just came to relax for a while.", Neha told Darshan actually lied.

"That's nice. And look we met!", he said with a smile.

"Ussi ke liye hi to aye hai!!", Upasana whispered underneath her breath.

"By the way what are you doing here, in Delhi?", Neha asked and took a sip of her coffee.

"One of my friend - Manjot - lives here. Tomorrow is his birthday. So, I'm here to attend his birthday party.", Darshan informed.

"Wish him from me!", Neha said with a smile.

"From me too.", Upasana also said.

"Sure!!", Darshan smiled.
They slowly finished their coffee while talking. After that Darshan looked at Neha and said, "I think you guys should leave now. It's late. Should I drop you guys??"

"No. We have car!", Upasana told him and they stood up.

"Okay, see you later then. Bye!", Darshan said. They bead their goodbyes and left.