Chapter Twenty - Unexpected

Neha wiped her tears and stood in front of the door of Upasana's room. Yes, she came to talk to her. She knew it would hurt her like hell though she came to talk to her. She pushed all her pain aside and knocked on the door. But who knew she was going to hurt more. She knocked for the 3rd times.

"Get the fuck out. I don't want to talk to anyone.", Upasana shouted from inside of the room.

Neha didn't say anything or knock she slowly left. She had only her phone and purse right now with her. She left all behind - her things. Her tears. Her laughter. And feelings?? No she couldn't leave that.

* * * * *

Upasana opened her eyes, pushed her hair back and looked at the clock. It's 3:16. She fell asleep while thinking about all these things happened in such a short time. Then suddenly she realized that she didn't see Neha in all these for a once.

She quickly went to her room. She first knocked at the door. But Neha didn't open. So she pushed the door and it opened. She found the room was empty, Neha was not there. Then she went to the beach, of course no one was there. She searched her all around but she was no where.

Then she went to Darshan's room. Tears already started scrolling down from her eyes. She wiped them off and knocked the door. After 4th knock he opened it. He rubbed his eyes and looked at her.

"Upasana? What are you doing here at so late?", he asked in a sleepy voice.

"Where is Neha?", she asked immediately.

"Neha?? She is not with you?"

"Noh"

"Then may be in her room."

"She is not anywhere Darshan. Where is she?", she asked in anger.

"I...I don't know.", he was totally confused.

"What did you say to her?", she asked.

Darshan stopped and said slowly, "I told her I like you. And to talk to you and console you about m..."

Upasana cut him off and said, "Why did you do that? I told you to not tell her anything na, then why did you do that??", she pressed her forehead, took a breath and again said, "You told that girl who is madly in love with you to console that girl you like. Are you fucking crazy?"

Darshan was shocked. He kept staring at her with a lots of confusion in his eyes.

"Don't act like you don't know anything.", Upasana told.

"I really don't know anything. I never knew that she feels for me something like this. I thought that she is just a fan, like others.", Darshan said.

"She is not just a fan. She is not like any others Darshan. Can't you see that in her eyes that how much she loves you. Are you blind? And you told her..."

Upasana stopped and let the tears fall from her eyes.

"I don't even know where is she!!"

"Please don't cry we'll find her.", Darshan said.

"She left!!", she shouted. "I know how she is feeling right now. She would be broken. And I'm not there with her.", she sobbed.

Darshan went closer to her and hold her hands. She held his hand too and cried hard. They stayed in that position for a while and then Darshan whispered, "I'm sorry."

Upasana opened her eyes and realized that she was crying while holding him. She pushed him and said, "Your sorry can't bring her back. She left. And it happened all because of you. You ruined everything, Darshan. I hate you.", she wiped her tears and went to her room.

* * * * *

After booking the ticket Neha sat on the bench of station. She was holding her tears back from so long now she couldn't anymore. She hid her face behind her palms and cried hard. Something was breaking inside of her. Her heart.

Her first heart break which broke without joining. She was broken from inside. The person she expected to be with her, loving her, he broke her into pieces.

She always knew it would never happen though her heart did not listen and look it ended up breaking. And now she did not have the courage to look back. Losing love was painful but losing love and best friend together was worst. There was nothing left inside of her right now.

After 5 days
26th August, 2019

Upasana was sitting on her bed. 5 days left without Neha. When she came back to Delhi in their apartment she found Neha's clothes were not there. Neha took everything with her without her memories, which were all over the apartment. Upasana called her for million times but she never received and after two days that was coming switched off.

Upasana also went to her college today and asked her classmates. They told she was coming to college but they didn't know anything else. Neha blocked every way to reach her.

Upasana took a deep breath and drank a glass of water. When her phone rang. Its a call from a unknown number. She picked that up.

"Hallo", she said.

"Upasana Roy??", very familiar voice came from the other side. Upasana jumped in happiness.

"Neha!!", she said in joy.

"Why are continuously calling me? Maari nehi hu main, zinda hu.", she said in a harsh voice. Upasana's smile faded.

"Neha..."

"I'm not receiving your calls it means I don't want to talk to you na. And today you came to my college. Why can't you stop interfering in my life just like I did."

"At least listen to me once. I did nothing then why aren't you talking to me?", Upasana almost cried.

"I know, I know that you didn't do anything. I did. I came between you two guys and I'm extremely sorry for that. That's why I left that you guys don't have to face any problems because of me. And I'm not that strong to see you guys get together. I'm sorry. I can't do that."

"You are misunderstanding everything Neha. There's nothing between us."

"No Upasana finally I understood it right. Finally I did something right. I beg you please don't call me ever.", Neha said in a broken voice.

"I'm sorry", Neha added as she cried.

"And I didn't expect this from you. It was really UNEXPECTED.", And Neha hung up the phone. Upasana closed her eyes and fell on the couch. There's nothing painful then your best friend was misunderstanding you.

But Upasana had a hope in her heart. She knew it would take Neha some time to clasp all these things and get back to her again. But who knew that she would take so much time.
3 years!!
It was not just a number.

- - - End of phase one.