6• 3:33 AM

A/N : Finally, the time of the ceremony has come. I'm getting chills writing my own story, lol !! This was the hardest part to write so far. I'm slightly disappointed because I'm really bad at writing formal English.

In case you haven't guessed it already, I'm not a native English speaker.
________________

The truck came to a stop a few minutes later. The ride had lasted about twenty minutes.

The ten captives didn't hear anything after the engine stopped, but that was because the walls were soundproof. They all held their breaths as they waited, in the same deadly silence that had reigned in the trailer since the end of the discussions.

A minute later, the rattling of the chain outside the doors was finally heard as the same noisy process as earlier started, and all the ten looked up at each other, their mouths shut tight, too terrified to say a word.

And another minute later, the giant doors finally started to open, and the captives instinctively stood up, stepping closer to each other. Elton turned his flashlight off.

"We need to move," he whispered.

The trailer was wide open now. It was dark, and the brawny man who was standing in the middle of the exit looked like a shadow. He wasn't alone anymore : five other men were standing behind him.

The background, however, was rather visible.

It was a forest.

The brawny man stared at the dark void in front of him for a while, until he was able to make out the ten silhouettes of the people he was waiting for.

"I see that you freed the girls," he said. "Nice, but that was a waste of time. Get out," he ordered, taking a few steps back. "And don't try to do anything, or you may regret it".

Elton, Jake and Corey were the first to come out, each keeping close to Rebecca, Franny and Shea. Colby then came out with Sarah, Sam followed close behind, and Aaron was the last.

As soon as his feet touched the ground, Aaron threw up all the food he had been trying to hold in for the past half hour onto the muddy ground, beside the rear wheel. Corey was by his side in a second, putting a hand on his friend's arm sympathetically.

They were indeed in a forest, the middle of a dense forest with large, tall trees. The truck had been driving on a winding path that was clearly scarcely used, and had pulled up in the middle of it.

About three hundred meters ahead, hidden behind thick bushes, there were several lights that appeared to be fire.

And somewhere, in the far distance, a wolf was howling.

As soon as they were all out, the five men, who were dressed in long black capes with hoods that hid their faces, encircled the ten captives and unsheathed large knives they had been carrying on their hips, holding them down in a threatening manner.

The movement made the friends' blood run cold. Half expecting something, they were unable to move or even breathe for a moment; but nothing happened. Instead, intriguing noises broke the silence in the close distance, the same rattling sound as earlier being one of them.

Curiosity got the best of them, and they turned towards the direction of the sound, noticing as they did that the brawny man was looking that way too.

The friends were surprised to find there was a second truck, parked just a few meters away. It looked exactly like the one they had ridden, and it was quite obvious that it had been driving behind the first truck. It had also arrived at the same time, because there were two other brawny men standing in front of the trailer doors, working on the latches. They were almost done, and a few seconds later, the two doors flew open.